Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is ANYONE here running a Kenne Bell Supercharger ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Sierra
Here we go again... Now I've been told by many people, Including people on this board, that a twin screw is the most efficient SC you can get.

click for the thread i started about this subject...

Now I wanted a KB not too long ago.. But I just returned from FL yestersday... My cousin who was down there has a lightning and we went to Razors Edge Motorsports to burn a chip for his truck. Now if anyone here reads truck mags they have seen the orange lightning from Razors Edge. Well when we got there, the guy who owns the shop and the lightning (Paul something.. cant remember the last name) He had a black Ford in the shop... (not sure if it was a lightning or not) With a whipple on it and it was running a 10:70 in the quarter and the truck wasn't even gutted out. He also told me that a twin screw was the most efficient. I asked him about the Kenne Bell's afterwards and he told me that Whipple makes a better product... He told me that he has serviced many Kenne Bell's due to leakage problems. Now this could be due to bad installation... but he was talking about it like he had enough people coming in to know that it was Kenne Bell...not the installer... The only thing is that Whipple does not sell new fuel injectors as part of thier kits (as far as i know). In my opinion, if you are going to go with a twin screw SC, go with a whipple.
Yes, the twin screw is more efficient than the roots. But theres no intercooled twin screw out, so the intercooled radix is far better.

The reason lightnings get so much power with a KB swap, is they retain their stock intercooler.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The age old argument......
Old 01-30-2004, 06:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yelo, you live in the hottest place in North America. I wouldn't even think about running a non intercooled supercharger out there when it's 115 degrees outside. IMO, if you do get a KB Blower, plan on fabbing up an intercooler for it before June comes around!

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you go back throw old posts this has been discussed before. I was the same way I had money in hand to get the Kenne-Bell system but I called them to get more info and they acted like I was a being a pain If going to drop 4K I want some customer service. Also there was a post about a week ago form a guy w/ a kenne-bell that was having detonatioj problems, + the Kenne-bell is the same blower design as the whipple but w/ better injectors and no piggy-back. every one w/ the whipples have had some intake temp. problems w/ higher boosts and either fabricating intercoolers or running water injection. I've got a Radix on my burb and I couldn't be happier + they've updated the system since I bought mine ( Idon't think Whipple or Kenne-bell have done any continual development after the release a product).
Old 01-30-2004, 09:32 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Flem
I've got a Radix on my burb and I couldn't be happier + they've updated the system since I bought mine ( Idon't think Whipple or Kenne-bell have done any continual development after the release a product).

This is something that Magna Charger does that the others don't. If you call them they will update your tune absolutely free!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok....I didn't order the KB blower because of the valid reasons posted here, I want to weight out my options and see what looks the best

IF I order a RADIX.....I WILL order it from Project R (I'm doing the headers and exhaust pretty soon too Brian...I'll get ahold of you with an exact date fairly soon), IF I go with a twin-screw (KB or Whipple) I WILL be intercooling it (nothing else is an option in my mind)

The reasons for leaning towards the KB were: 1. no FMU (they include new injectors). 2. custom-tuned PCM (no hand-held programmer....the website is wrong). 3. the inherently more efficient twin-screw design. 4. PRICE (that's ALOT of money).....The lack of an intercooler kinda scares me but I figure I could adapt a Dmax Intercooler without too much hassle (I hope)

Brian please e-mail me with a price on the RADIX, send it to yelo@fastruck.net , if you are over $1000 better than superchargersonline.com then you just sold yourself a RADIX !!! (not immediatly though, I'll have it done with the exhaust)

I REALLY do want the RADIX
Old 01-30-2004, 03:11 PM
blownerator

I dont know about the $1000.00 less!!!! That is a big jump! But I will match their price (i just checked it) and provide you with the customer service you deserve!!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't figure you would be THAT much cheaper...that was what BADMOFO posted in his first reply and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...right??
Old 01-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01Sierra
In my opinion, if you are going to go with a twin screw SC, go with a whipple.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133799
Old 01-30-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Something to keep in mind ... the RADIX isn't your typical roots charger. It has been improved upon a good deal. I don't think KB's comparisons take that into consideration.

Quick Reply: Is ANYONE here running a Kenne Bell Supercharger ??