Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone install the Meziere pump on a truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install the Meziere pump on a truck

I know the Meziere was designed for the F-bodies, but has anyone had sucess installing it on the truck LS1? Meziere told me they sell a shorter hose fitting for the top radiator hose. It's a threaded screw in fitting that might help reduce the tendancy of the hose to kink. I'm wondering if the top radiator hose will kink if it is forced on staight fitting since the truck fitting is angled upward at 45 degrees. I also read that you need to use the F-body serpentine idler pulley. Is this because the truck pulley rubs the Meziere pump body? This mod would give a decent gain when combined with swapping the flex fan for electric fans.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
I know the Meziere was designed for the F-bodies, but has anyone had sucess installing it on the truck LS1? Meziere told me they sell a shorter hose fitting for the top radiator hose. It's a threaded screw in fitting that might help reduce the tendancy of the hose to kink. I'm wondering if the top radiator hose will kink if it is forced on staight fitting since the truck fitting is angled upward at 45 degrees. I also read that you need to use the F-body serpentine idler pulley. Is this because the truck pulley rubs the Meziere pump body? This mod would give a decent gain when combined with swapping the flex fan for electric fans.

Do a search in this forum a few months back. Someone installed it, documented it with pics, and all. Nice writeup.

It'd be even better with an ASP pulley set, e-fans, and e-waterpump.