Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

anyone with LS1Edit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with LS1Edit??

I am ready to get LS1Edit. I am hoping it is the cure to all of my problems. I ran a 14.8 two weeks ago. I then made a custom air intake and throttle body and Yank 3000. You would think a half a second at least? HAHA Try 4 consistent runs at 14.9 seconds with a lowere mph!!!! I peel more with yank but am making the same 60ft times as my 14.8 ets.

It is getting to where the more stuff I bolt on my truck, the slowere it seems. When I add things it does no difference. Can LS1Edit fix all of this? Is there a chance that my computer is just totally out of whack? I sure hope so. I was wandering if anyone else was in my position before and if Edit cured it. Also how much of a performance gain was Edit? I plan to get it dyno tuned by Allen at Futral.

Your replies would sure make me feel better and bring me hope. (if there is any hope for me )

Check out my mods. There are people like lotsofn that are way faster. But I know I don't have ASM headers and no cats and short belt. But that is not worth one and a half seconds!! Anyway I am just rambling and feeling sorry for my self . Thanks.

Lotsofn if you read this please reply or email me info on how Edit performs on your truck and what kind of difference Allen was able to make. Plan to be going there next week if possible.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: anyone with LS1Edit??

Coon,
Hey, what part of Monroe are you from? I grew up around Swartz.
I'm in the same boat as you and I have a 99 like you. After I Autotapd' mine it showed I had lots of knock retard in the higher rpm range. You really need to log yours and see whats going on. I should be coming over to Monroe in a couple weeks or so and I'll bring my Autotap if you would like to log it.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Getting the Edit and removing the Torque Management is worth it alone.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I am just temporarily in Monroe. My wife has one more year in pharmacy school and then we are moving to Lafayette.

Does anyone have LS1Edit????
Old 05-13-2003, 09:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

I have edit but have yet to reep all the benifits it offers. It is easy to change trans parameters, turn off tqm and egr but actual engine tunning is not that easy. If I had access to a wideband 02 it would make things a lot easier. If you are planning to take your truck to Futral, it may be worth it to let him do his magic.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:21 PM
11 Second Club

It definately won't hurt you. You must have EASE or ATAP do do things correctly, well, at least get real close. You may not be getting quite enough fuel with your mods. Have you done any plug readings? If you are having traction problems, call Summit and get some traction bars or get some Cal-Tracs. Spinning may look cool, but, it doesn't win races.