Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone make 500rwhp with a roots or twin screw charger on a truck??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 04:32 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

here's the thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=whitt1
Old 06-04-2005, 05:07 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip

thanks man, i see you are very excited about it on that thread. i will probably get bashed for being negative about the radix actualy having a max hp limit but i dont see a chart or anything. i am a little doubtfull that those numbers were correct. if the truck is bouncing around on the dyno you are going to see some spikes. at this point i dont think the radix has been proven to more than a few hp over 500 and i dont feel it is right telling people it is good for 600+.

disclamer!!! i think the radix is the best blower on the market and a kick *** set up but it does have a limit just like anything.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by parish8
thanks man, i see you are very excited about it on that thread. i will probably get bashed for being negative about the radix actualy having a max hp limit but i dont see a chart or anything. i am a little doubtfull that those numbers were correct. if the truck is bouncing around on the dyno you are going to see some spikes. at this point i dont think the radix has been proven to more than a few hp over 500 and i dont feel it is right telling people it is good for 600+.

disclamer!!! i think the radix is the best blower on the market and a kick *** set up but it does have a limit just like anything.
I know how you feel, we have respectfully disagreed on this for some time, but thats part of the fun too, the radix will make well over 500rwhp, I may never see it though, due to the platform I have chosen, but there are people out there that have and will. I am confident I will hit 500/500 though, of course, if I don't I will post those results as well, no secrets.
Just in this thread you saw a 540rwhp @ 8lbs.

lol, yes, I am still very excited about that!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Former Moderator :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OBXMarine
How about some more info on those big ol' headers please.
Custom built 2" long tubes you don't even want to know how much those cost
but they sure did fit nice and dual 3" cats into a dual 3" in and a single 5" out merge collector and a 5" in and a 4" out Flowmaster with a big chrome 4" tip
I call it the million dollar exhaust.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:33 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take most things I read on the Internet with some skepticism, when I see a couple of people hit a number then I believe it. Especially when it is posted about with some hard data like dyno sheets and I have seen them work the truck from stock up to where it is now.

What I see with the radix is people having great results in the 400-500hp range but as soon as they try to push it above this point it just seems to run out of steam. 500hp is a lot of hp and will make most people very happy.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Former Moderator :(

with a 90mm T Body and no MAF the radix is good for 700 flywheel. The biggest problem is that it is a draw through system and the stock MAF is pulling almost 2.5-3" of vacume at 550-600 flywheel and that brings the temps way up and makes it fall over. I have seen a 35 flywheel hp gain on a radix with the 80mm t body over stock. Remember this is not a blow through system like a Vortech so you have to treat your intake as it were a N/A engine
Old 06-04-2005, 05:40 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by parish8
I take most things I read on the Internet with some skepticism, when I see a couple of people hit a number then I believe it. Especially when it is posted about with some hard data like dyno sheets and I have seen them work the truck from stock up to where it is now.

What I see with the radix is people having great results in the 400-500hp range but as soon as they try to push it above this point it just seems to run out of steam. 500hp is a lot of hp and will make most people very happy.
I think alot of why we see so many Radix'd trucks pushing 400-500rwhp is because its so darn easy to do

When you start getting in the 500-600+rwhp range, selection of components becomes more critical, in other words, many supporting elements start to reach there limit, furthermore, any modifications need to be thought of as a complete system, or, how they effect said system; starting at the airfilter, working all the way back to the tailpipe
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I havent been able to find any information on the Kenne Bell intercooled system. Just that small pic on thier website. Where did you see it?

I saw the pic on their website and called them for an update, plus also heard the they busted their 4L60 after a 500hp dyno trial.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will show you 500 RWHP 5.3 by the end of the summer. I wont even get into the bottom end.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:55 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made 489 last time on the rollers. If I had uncorked it there is no doubt I would have been over 500. That was with the stock crate motor with nothing but a cam. Soon I will be up and running again with a 30 over 6 liter with a little bigger cam and some ported heads, hopefully I can make 550 or so.

Quick Reply: Anyone make 500rwhp with a roots or twin screw charger on a truck??