Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone make 500rwhp with a roots or twin screw charger on a truck??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much hp/tq would stage 2 heads and a good streetable cam add to a 6.0L whipple at 10lbs boost? at 8lbs boost and no inline fuel pump i made 372rwhp. now i fixed the fuel prob and went up to 11ish lbs boost. still not happy.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:28 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
how much hp/tq would stage 2 heads and a good streetable cam add to a 6.0L whipple at 10lbs boost? at 8lbs boost and no inline fuel pump i made 372rwhp. now i fixed the fuel prob and went up to 11ish lbs boost. still not happy.
heads are a controversial subject in the boosted world. the answer i typicaly get is something like the same hp at few less psi or 40-50hp at the same boost keeping in mind you will have to pully up to keep the same boost level.

i question the value of heads on a whipple set up. i think you could get to the same hp with more alky and a smaller pully. you all ready have the kit, i would spray the hell out of it(alky) with lots of tuning and a little smaller pully.

edit.. heads or more cubes will do very little for you if your compresor is maxed out. going from a 6.0 up to a 6.7 gave me 0 more peek hp but it did give me a pile of more tq down low. i am prety sure puting heads on there would have not added any peek hp either. my compresor was just maxed out.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
6.0, heads, cam, 2" headers,80 mm t body, 8lbs Radix = 540 rwhp
Very nice Crash Dummy,

I was looking at the pics you have linked and I noticed the nitrous bottle in the bed of your truck. Was Nitrous used for the 540HP. Also do you have any more pics of your truck? That thing is bad ***

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Very nice Crash Dummy,

I was looking at the pics you have linked and I noticed the nitrous bottle in the bed of your truck. Was Nitrous used for the 540HP. Also do you have any more pics of your truck? That thing is bad ***

yeah, i would love to see those headers.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Very nice Crash Dummy,

That is not a picture of his truck....That is another guy at the track.

PS sorry for the highjack again.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Former Moderator :(

Sorry not my truck it belongs to a friend of a friend and ya it is pretty bad ***, he ran a high 10 the first run out and the track banned the truck so it became a show truck for the rest of the weekend. I guess I will name the pic ( not my truck) I just thought you forum members would like to see it, It just might give ideas. I will look for pics of the 2" headers I know I have some, I just need to find them I think they are on my work computer.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:37 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

FWIW, alot of fantastic things are going on this year! Big Turbos making tons of power, direct port N2O systems kicking ***, Kenne Bell MAY finally get Intercooled, and, once and for all around here, I believe we'll see the myth that an Auto LS Truck with a Radix is only good for a tick over 500rwhp put to bed
Old 06-05-2005, 10:42 AM

MYTH!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:49 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
MYTH!
tell me about it......

if you do this simply, and take the 700fwhp from above, subtract whatever driveline loss you see fit, you'll see much more than the previosly stated "just a tick over 500rwhp".

then you have to decide if driveline loss is static or dynamic
Old 06-05-2005, 11:10 AM

Oh believe me I will be more than happy to explain some of my madness to you on the 17th. Everything good takes a little work! 550-600 rwhp is about all your gonna get out of this unit at this time due to airflow but options are TOP SECRET!.

Quick Reply: Anyone make 500rwhp with a roots or twin screw charger on a truck??