Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone Replaced A Fuel Return Line??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Replaced A Fuel Return Line??

I got a 2000 ECSB, I got around to finally replacing my fuel level sensor. While messing with the "hand releaseable" plastic fittings where the nylon and steel lines meet, I noticed fuel sipping out of the steel line, it was rusty, around where the plastic block holds it to the frame. The line is mint, expect for right there.. :/ Must of been rubbing on that plastic and just starting rusting away. So has anyone ever replaced the steel lines on these? Seems like/looks like a PITA. Probably a dealer only part, it's gotta be, haha. Wonder how much that is ;/
Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is a dealer item, I bought one a few years ago. It only comes one way...all of the lines together. You can't just buy the one you want. I don't remember the cost.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

I can't tell how bad it is or what it is you're talking about without pics, but just so you know fuel line repair technology has come a long way in the last few years. They have repair kits now where you can cut out the bad section of fuel line and piece in a new section with the proper barbed fittings and nylon. Although it looks pricy, it may be worth the extra money to use the kit instead of replacing the entire line (labor and hours of **** falling into your eyes). I used this kit on a car awhile back with great success. http://www.bizrate.com/automotiverep...356778473.html
Old 03-22-2008, 09:16 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can also purchase individual repair components. This stuff is usually available at local parts stores like NAPA and Auto Value:
http://fmsiinc.com/fuel/default.htm
Old 03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hirdlej
I can't tell how bad it is or what it is you're talking about without pics, but just so you know fuel line repair technology has come a long way in the last few years. They have repair kits now where you can cut out the bad section of fuel line and piece in a new section with the proper barbed fittings and nylon. Although it looks pricy, it may be worth the extra money to use the kit instead of replacing the entire line (labor and hours of **** falling into your eyes). I used this kit on a car awhile back with great success. http://www.bizrate.com/automotiverep...356778473.html

I snapped a few just cause I was bored lol... The black you see there is the fuel tank and the bracket on the frame in the first pic is to hold the EVAP Cansiter, which is removed of cousre, for referance.

All the line are mint expect for where the plastic retainers hold it to the frame..

For all you southern guys, yeah that brown **** is rust... ;/ ;p
Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW.........

You should be able to fix that with some new line and a flare tool.....and a 12 pack.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have that entire fuel rail setup minus the part that goes to the fuel filter that I will sell to you. If your interested pm me