Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ASM Vs. TOG headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ASM Vs. TOG headers

I might just order some header this weekend from Tbyrne since they are on sale and shipping is free. I just can't make up my mind which ones to buy. If I do decide on getting them, which ones do you all recommend I get?
Old 08-22-2003, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ASM Vs. TOG headers

TOG's are mids and are not coated FYI.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:36 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

They aren't? What, is there a difference between "coating" and "plating"? Because I thought they were nickel plated or something.

The TOGs have a lifetime warranty, that sounds good to me, but I'm kinda leaning towards the ASMs
Old 08-22-2003, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

The nickel plating is just for cosmetics and is not as durable. Ceramic coating helps retain the heat in the header tubes and is alot more durable.
I personally like the ASM over the TOG. Unless price is the main issue, you may also want to look at the Dynatech/SuperMaxx/FLP headers.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am kind of leaning over to the ASM's headers. In case I do buy them, what else am I going to need for the installation? Am going to need a pair of 02 simms?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I am kind of leaning over to the ASM's headers. In case I do buy them, what else am I going to need for the installation? Am going to need a pair of 02 simms?
You do not need o2 simms. The fittings are built into the headers. You will also need to have the supplied flanges welded to where you cut the pipes before your cats.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is a special to jump on, a savings of probably 85 to 95 dollars, better than group purchases i've seen.

go for it file, with the catback u have, it should go good.. shoot me a pm if you get them, i want to see fitment/quality on those headers vs. hamms.

btw, dont have them installed by someone, do it yourself, i wont mind helping you out..
Old 08-23-2003, 02:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have TOG's and I like them. THe ASM's are a little longer, but not much. The TOG's lso offer a lifetime warranty even on a blown engine which is what appealed to me. I think it's something to be said if they will give a lifetime warranty even on something no other header manufacturer will support.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:18 AM
Banned

i have the HAMM headers which are "MIDS" or atleast they're considered mids...but they are only like 3 inches shorter than the ASM headers and i'm confident they perform just as good. they made a hell of a difference on my truck with them and full exhaust(no cats, w/ x pipe) being the only changes. mids are good for power too...
Old 08-23-2003, 03:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

that is a special to jump on, a savings of probably 85 to 95 dollars, better than group purchases i've seen.

go for it file, with the catback u have, it should go good.. shoot me a pm if you get them, i want to see fitment/quality on those headers vs. hamms.

btw, dont have them installed by someone, do it yourself, i wont mind helping you out..
Thanks Daniel. I will let you know if I do get them. How hard is to put these on anyways.

Quick Reply: ASM Vs. TOG headers