Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ATI with stall or Radix?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI with stall or Radix?

Wondering, I was told that the D1SC ATI Procharger would make more power than the Radix. But the ATI loses boost between shifts, so I did some figuring, D1SC Procharger 3700 dollars, TCI 3000 stall 450, and I know a guy that builds some awesome 4L60e with shift kit, servos, and red alto bands etc. for 800 dollars. All for a little over 5000 dollars. The same price as the radix. Would the ATI be better with a higher stall or the Radix with the stock stall and a built trans. I know there is some guys with Prochargers that are runniing very fast times. There will also be a 214/220 .600/.532 115 lobe. cam
Old 10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey that was 200 post!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd go the route where I could get the most out of my money......
Old 10-10-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think more power can be made with a centrifugal charger. But there is the belt slippage issue to worry about. The Radix has boost all over where the ATI has to build boost. The D1SC has to have the oil changed every so often whereas the Radix does not. Traction may be a problem with the ATI with that sudden kick in boost.

I am no expert, nor do I play one on TV.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the radix is a awesome setup, but I have been in a truck with a procharger at it is awesome. But it is hard to tell when the boost kicks in because it has a high stall. I notice that all fast trucks like the 1st gen lightning that runs 9's uses a centrifical
Old 10-10-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
I know the radix is a awesome setup, but I have been in a truck with a procharger at it is awesome. But it is hard to tell when the boost kicks in because it has a high stall. I notice that all fast trucks like the 1st gen lightning that runs 9's uses a centrifical
Oh man, they are a good setup I agree. If my memory serves me correctly, isnt the fastest f-body in the nation running a Procharger F1? Both setups have their pros and cons. The ATI comes with a huge intercooler and thats where I think the ATI kit rivals the Radix. It just rolls down to what you are looking to achieve and what you want to spend.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is my opinion. If you are looking to make a whole bunch of power then go ATI, thats what Im doing. If you want some horsepower to have fun with everyday and play with cars on the road and not worry about breaking stuff, then I would say the Radix. The Radix is by far the best set up for the money, it comes with everything you will ever need to install it and get you running and its easy to do yourself (in some cases). I have a radix now and I love it. With my daily tune in it it makes 421 RWHP. Thats plenty for jackin around with on the road. Im going ATI cause I just want to have a super fast truck. The ATI is capable of more boost no doubt about it. I have a 3.0 pulley on my 5.3 and only see 8.5 to 9 #s of boost. I hope that was some helpful info.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
This is my opinion. If you are looking to make a whole bunch of power then go ATI, thats what Im doing. If you want some horsepower to have fun with everyday and play with cars on the road and not worry about breaking stuff, then I would say the Radix. The Radix is by far the best set up for the money, it comes with everything you will ever need to install it and get you running and its easy to do yourself (in some cases). I have a radix now and I love it. With my daily tune in it it makes 421 RWHP. Thats plenty for jackin around with on the road. Im going ATI cause I just want to have a super fast truck. The ATI is capable of more boost no doubt about it. I have a 3.0 pulley on my 5.3 and only see 8.5 to 9 #s of boost. I hope that was some helpful info.
OneQuick,

Thats a good bit of input for ya man. Theres always a turbo kit for ya also!!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys, I am leaning towards the ATI now. It will be hard to save the extra cash when I get 3700 in my pocket. I want to make around 450-470 rwhp. I have also looked at the turbo setups, C Motorsports is good but no price, Livernois price is insane, I agree if alot of power is what you want to make the turbo is the way to go. The STS is a awesome kit, but I dont want to mess with the meth injection and upgrades on turbos, to make the same amount of boost you can get with a centrifical.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man i'm in the same boat as you.i have been lookin at radix,ati and turbo set ups for a while.makin me crazy.they all have there ups an downs.i am still leaning towards the ati due to the price of the radix unless i find one cheap.the way everyone talks is that the radix truck would beat a ati truck if the blowers was just bolted up.i have checked out the chapman truck sit and that truck is bad ran 13.4 so i dunno.i want the turbo more than all but the prices are definetly not cheap.like you said the sts you have to mess with the alky.an the ati is supposed to be a pain in the *** to tune. so good luck wit your choice.

Quick Reply: ATI with stall or Radix?