Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Auburn Diff Trucks Inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auburn Diff Trucks Inside

Just ordered an Auburn diff, getting a good deal on it. Other wise I would have gone with the Eaton. But anyway, have you all had good experiences with it?

I am going from a G80, 3.73 to an Auburn, Richmond 4.10.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Auburn Diff Trucks Inside

I got the Eaton, but if you look at the two, they are very similar. The Eaton uses more clutch packs, but the Auburn uses angled clutches, that last longer, and it is really easy and cheap to rebuild when that time comes, for right about $100, the eaton is 3 times more to rebuild, but is known to have a little better holding power. You will not feel any difference, and should not be upset with your purchase, you will love it.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what happened to my Auburn (high performance series). It sudenly bacame a one legger? This was on my 01 btw. My gf has it now.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool! I did not know the Auburn was rebuildable.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Shark G, it probably threw the spring pack, or the clutch plate material ripped off. Take the cover off. If you need to rebuild it, you can order the parts direct from Auburn, and it comes with directions. You don't even have to remove the carrier to fix it. You just need a spring compressor. I have done one before, real easy, it was my friends mustang, and he popped the spring pack when launching with slicks. We put the spring back in, and then a year later rebuilt it, and used heavier spring packs that come with the HD series.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dunno if to go with G80, eaton, or auburn.

the most power my truck will see is only bolt-ons. the main reason i wanna get one is because i seem to get stuck when ever i go off road, so i need the both wheel action
Old 10-01-2003, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

and once in a while ill go to the track
Old 10-01-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Shark G, it probably threw the spring pack, or the clutch plate material ripped off. Take the cover off. If you need to rebuild it, you can order the parts direct from Auburn, and it comes with directions. You don't even have to remove the carrier to fix it. You just need a spring compressor. I have done one before, real easy, it was my friends mustang, and he popped the spring pack when launching with slicks. We put the spring back in, and then a year later rebuilt it, and used heavier spring packs that come with the HD series.
Thanks... I no longer own this truck but its my gf's now. I would still like fix for her. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am not sure when it "stoped" working but did you change the fluid and not add the limited slip addative? Just an Idea that's cheaper than rebuilding
Old 10-01-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am not sure when it "stoped" working but did you change the fluid and not add the limited slip addative? Just an Idea that's cheaper than rebuilding

Actually, when I had it installed, it worked fine for about 10 months then little by little only the it became one legger. You all suggest I change the fluid? If do go ahead and change it, what do you all recommend I used this time?

Quick Reply: Auburn Diff Trucks Inside