Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with a Bassani referred performance shop today about purchasing a race muffler.I was thinking that since my magnflow is a 3" in/out,but with alot more packing around the straight through design.I may get a 2.5" Bassani race muffler in hopes in won't be to nasty and loud as a big open 3".I looked at it's case and there's definitely not alot of packing around it's straight through design.I'm sure the tail pipe with tone it down a little when it comes to a highway speed drone.At least that's my thinking anyways.Could be wrong.Wish I could find sound clips of either or...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

here are a couple clips i got yesterday. nothing special since it was taken from my droid x. my truck is pretty much stock except intake, tune, longtubes, highflow cats, and catback. at highway speeds you can barely hear the exhaust. but right around 2700rpms it starts to come alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX1vUdNKLIg

Last edited by 05cc; 01-19-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the sound clip.I have the 2.5" race muffler coming in at the end of this week.Hopefully I'll have time to weld it up this weekened.I don't have long tubes on(stupid CA!) but at least I know now how it'll pretty much sound like.I'll post video also to help others who may come across my same scenario.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by r1les
Thanks for the sound clip.I have the 2.5" race muffler coming in at the end of this week.Hopefully I'll have time to weld it up this weekened.I don't have long tubes on(stupid CA!) but at least I know now how it'll pretty much sound like.I'll post video also to help others who may come across my same scenario.
It didn't seem to get any louder after the longetubes. I guess it's bc the tube walls are so thin on the longetubes, I can hear more engine noise in front of the firewall. Kinda distracts me from the nice sound coming from the rear.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Well I got my Bassani race muffler in the mail today.Talk about tiny.I'm bet it's going to be a loud little sh..., I hope not.Time will tell.I'll put it on this week
Old 01-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which one did you get?
Well I got my Bassani race muffler in the mail today.Talk about tiny.I'm bet it's going to be a loud little sh..., I hope not.Time will tell.I'll put it on this week
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what a race muffler is lol, as little as physically possible and still be considered a muffler lol
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

I purchased the 18" oval,2.5" inlet/outlet race muffler.It's there only race muffler series for vehicles.It's light and small compared to a flowmaster or magnaflow.If it's to droney or a little much for what I'm looking for.I Kay just weld in my magnflow again.But weld the Bassani back on further down the line for sound.These things are such a straight through design.It wouldn't hurt my flow at all.I know it may sound like a okey set up.But it's worth a try.I heard this pre-runner truck with a 383 stroker.The dang thing was a head turner when he fired it up.it was over bearingly loud.It has a nasty idle to it that sounded different.At WOT throttle it was WOW! It sound clean and mean.I had to find out what muffler the guy had on to make it sound like that?!...no joke,it was 2 series flowmasters with supertraps welding on to the outlets of the flowmaster.I couldn't believe how redneck it seemed....yet,its one of the better sounding trucks I've ever heard.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

I believe my bassani street/race muffler is also 18" long. I get no drone whatsoever, so you should be good.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Good.I have to go buy a reducer from 3" to 2.5", for the inlet and the outlet. Then ill weld it on.I'll post sound clips before and after.(Or attempt to.I've never posted anything like on this site.)

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust