Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

before and after TBSS INTAKE dyno finally

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

result 15whp and 18tq bottom to top
[/QUOTE]

Nice gains, I do have a question however, not to take anything away from the swap because I do think it's very beneficial, however, how much of a difference did the temperature and humidity make as well? Says that the temp was nearly 30* cooler durring the TBSS intake run, I've never ran a dyno before (was going to, we broke the lift with my truck on it).

I was just wonder if maybe a little bit of your gain may be because of that or if it really doesn't matter much.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama2door
Top folds in, bottom folds out towards you
so this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-38640/?rtype=10 should work perfectly.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read all the pages on this and have a question. Is there any hieght diffrence in when switching to the newer style intake. I am transplanting my 06 5.3l into a Jeep and hood clearance is an issue. The Stock intake on my 5.3 just touches the hood. I have had my heads ported and am Installing a Cam and would like the benifit of the 90mm DBW to get the extra air in. All of the car Intakes out there loose the bottom end and I would like to retain as much TQ as possible. Out of my whole build this intake this is a Pain in the ###. Any info you can provied or a side by side pic would help greatly. Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dmelvin
result 15whp and 18tq bottom to top

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Nice gains, I do have a question however, not to take anything away from the swap because I do think it's very beneficial, however, how much of a difference did the temperature and humidity make as well? Says that the temp was nearly 30* cooler durring the TBSS intake run, I've never ran a dyno before (was going to, we broke the lift with my truck on it).

I was just wonder if maybe a little bit of your gain may be because of that or if it really doesn't matter much.
bump for an answer?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I think he stated in one of his posts that those numbers are corrected for weather differences and it was done on the same dyno.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

alright, weird question maybe someone in here has dealt with...

I just bought an NNBS intake. Unknowingly to me at the time, it does NOT have a vacuum nipple fitting at the top middle, which we use for pcv... anyone know how to change these out? Is it possible? Is there a part number for a fitting I can get from a dealership to plug in to make it a vacuum fitting? Mine just has a small orange rubber plug inside a plastic part the size of the vaccum nipple fitting...

Also, anyone know if it's possible to use tall LS1 style injectors? I tried fitting mine, and I can always make spacers for the fuel rail to compensate for the taller height but my main concern is it seems the tip of them doesn't stick down into the port as far as the truck injectors. Anyone know of anyone running LS1 injectors on truck or tbss intake????
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ShredSled
alright, weird question maybe someone in here has dealt with...

I just bought an NNBS intake. Unknowingly to me at the time, it does NOT have a vacuum nipple fitting at the top middle, which we use for pcv... anyone know how to change these out? Is it possible? Is there a part number for a fitting I can get from a dealership to plug in to make it a vacuum fitting? Mine just has a small orange rubber plug inside a plastic part the size of the vaccum nipple fitting...

Also, anyone know if it's possible to use tall LS1 style injectors? I tried fitting mine, and I can always make spacers for the fuel rail to compensate for the taller height but my main concern is it seems the tip of them doesn't stick down into the port as far as the truck injectors. Anyone know of anyone running LS1 injectors on truck or tbss intake????
We just did a motor swap from a 5.3 to 6.0 with the TBSS intake, TB and cam. I still have to get a tune, but we engineered (read as rigged LOL) an extended vacuum line. I will take a pic when I get home and post it up to what I can only assume will be an amazing warm reception

As for the injectors, we ended up using the stock 5.3 injectors for the moment because the 6.0 injectors (while larger) had a different connecting plug. They make adapters but it wasnt even something I thought about until we ran across it. I will probably order a set. Something to keep in mind....
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

ah ok cool, yep, I got mine all buttoned up and running great too.

If I get a little bit of time later I can always post up some pictures of my set-up.
Ended up ordering the top PCV twist in nipple fitting from a dealership and it works just as it should.

I also did manage to use LS1 height injectors with my stock round tube type truck fuel rails with just a little bit of modification and some spacers to compensate for the added height.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
I think he stated in one of his posts that those numbers are corrected for weather differences and it was done on the same dyno.
I have to disagree, if you look at the upper right corner of the dyno sheet is says STD which is standard. That will generally give you a higher number. If it was corrected for barametric pressure and temperature, then the sheet would say SAE.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Took me most of my free time at work but I read the entire thread WOW, tons of info. Wondering if there is much to gain on a tune and bolt only L33?

Quick Reply: before and after TBSS INTAKE dyno finally