Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

before and after TBSS INTAKE dyno finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is everyone using for an intake and connecting to the new larger TB?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlt76028
So according to you, all you need is a intake, rails, and a vette fuel filter and the truck injectors work fine? What about sensors? Do you just swap them over from your old intake?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Yup! I bought a MAP sensor extension harness to plug into my map sensor so that I didn't have to unwrap mine from the harness. I like to keep everything OEM
Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Yup! I bought a MAP sensor extension harness to plug into my map sensor so that I didn't have to unwrap mine from the harness. I like to keep everything OEM
if you open the loom up the map sensor and almost every wire has a lot of slack that you can pull it out to make it longer then just wrap it back up. thats what i did
Old 03-05-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yeah that was mine, I got a decent deal on it I think, Ive seen them go for a little less but it was cheap enough to be worth my time. Now I just need to figure otu what Im going to do for a TB.
Id say you did. I can get a bare one from GM for $166. Thats after a 30% discount. Gmpartdirect is 6 bucks cheaper. Im tired of screwing with buying used parts. My whole damn build is used...lol. I think Im going to do that and drop the cash on a trick flow fuel rail kit. Just looks a little nicer, IMO.

90mm tb's are going for next to nothing, from what I hear. Friend of a friend is actually throwing them away.

What is everyone using for an intake and connecting to the new larger TB?
I'd figure an aftermarket CAI would probably work fine. Or try to adapt a TBSS intake tube.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

are they FAST and Holley the only throttle bodys for Dbc guys? doin the swap is cheaper part but it seems to be the throttle body that costs alot
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM
TVI
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RcrX
are they FAST and Holley the only throttle bodys for Dbc guys? doin the swap is cheaper part but it seems to be the throttle body that costs alot
These come in 90mm & 92mm, plain finish & black anodized

http://www.sdpc2000.com/details/nick-williams/sd92mm
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Id say you did. I can get a bare one from GM for $166. Thats after a 30% discount. Gmpartdirect is 6 bucks cheaper. Im tired of screwing with buying used parts. My whole damn build is used...lol. I think Im going to do that and drop the cash on a trick flow fuel rail kit. Just looks a little nicer, IMO.

90mm tb's are going for next to nothing, from what I hear. Friend of a friend is actually throwing them away.

I'd figure an aftermarket CAI would probably work fine. Or try to adapt a TBSS intake tube.
I got another PM over there saying he wanted 350 shipped for a complete intake with TB... Post up a thread over there like I did and haggle with them.
Originally Posted by RcrX
There is a cast edelbrock 90mm TB that you can buy without tps or iac for 260ish its part number is 38640. This is for us old school cable throttle guys.

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Im with you, I want it to look totally stock, is the extension harness a GM part? If so can you get a PN for it?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I got another PM over there saying he wanted 350 shipped for a complete intake with TB... Post up a thread over there like I did and haggle with them.
I appreciate it, man. I'll post one up and see what happens. Mail transactions stress me out though. I got burned off here last year. Everything else I've bought off here and tech have been face to face.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Yeah its a crap shoot honestly, about all you can do is going through paypal and hope everything works out.

Quick Reply: before and after TBSS INTAKE dyno finally