Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best header??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive never heard anyone put kooks on a truck. I know they are good headers, just dont know if they make them for a truck
Old 04-11-2005, 10:19 AM
8 second mod

cool, i will go with somthing tried and true anyway.
keep the comments coming. Thanks alot
Old 04-11-2005, 11:45 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just has ASM headers put on last week. The stock cats are still there, but they cut off all the pipe that was in front of them, so the flange that bolts up to the headers is welded on literally right on top of the cats. I can take a pic later if you want, but I'm assuming this is how most long tubes work. I got a very noticeable SOTP gain, but I never dynoed the truck before, so I'll have nothing to compare it to when I finally do. Definitely sounds better too

As far as the ASM vs Pacesetter thing goes, the ASM's fit on 4x4's where I don't think the Pacesetters do. But the general consensus seems to be that those two are the best. Check out www.azspeed.com.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad~ I know that Pacesetters are the hot thing right now. If you want to keep cats, TByrne carries a supermaxx kit that has from the headers all the way to high flow cats. Just another option to look at
Old 04-11-2005, 12:12 PM
8 second mod

cool, im going to be doing some more searching and see what i can find
Old 04-11-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thunder550
As far as the ASM vs Pacesetter thing goes...but the general consensus seems to be that those two are the best.
Hey, Thunder...not trying to start anything here but I have a REAL hard time believing that the Pacesetters are better than the Dynatechs in anything except price. Not knocking the Pacesetters because I haven't seen enough testimonials yet but I know from experience the Dynatech system installs smoothly and is high quality construction from T304 stainless. Time may prove me wrong on this one, but I think there's a reason the Dynatechs cost more than most of the others.

For the original poster, if TByrne's GP price on these is affordable to you then I'd recommend you jump on them and don't look back!

Just my opinion. to all!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Noyzee
did you get exact gains when you installed them?
No, I dynoed the truck and made 199 rwhp w the 4.8 and hypertech
then I installed the headers and never had it re-dynoed until after i did the motorswap. But i deff felt the difference witht he headers on just the 4.8. I noticed alot more mid-range pull with them. After the swap I put down 312 rwhp. Not bad for a Lq4 with 918 springs, ASM headers and futral tune. i want to throw a cam in to pick these numbers up, but it'll have to wait till i get my car running.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
8 second mod

im going to look into toms GP,
1, I think with headers and a tune, from what i see i should gain 15 rwhp. now that is conservitive if you ask me, but the few trucks ive seen running 93 octain get tuned from stock, they picked up between 5-18 rwhp! so im sure headers are worth 10 and a tune is worth 5-10 and that should wake the truck up a tad.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Noyzee
im going to look into toms GP,
1, I think with headers and a tune, from what i see i should gain 15 rwhp. now that is conservitive if you ask me, but the few trucks ive seen running 93 octain get tuned from stock, they picked up between 5-18 rwhp! so im sure headers are worth 10 and a tune is worth 5-10 and that should wake the truck up a tad.
i heard nelsons tune on the 6.0 is pretty phenomenal, headers + custom tune with no tq management should get that hd moving
Old 04-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

with it being a 2500hd i tuhk the cats are down the line in the exhaust. right behind your manifolds is all pipe. any of the long tubes will yield good results. i have and love my asm's. i think the pacesetters are the hot ticket since they are about 300 cheaper. you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Best header??