Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Mail Order Tune And How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by laynlow77
exactly, blackbear is the best around, and his customer service is what really sets him apart from the rest.
+1 for Justin, I am not even a customer and he has helped me with my tuning questions, name another tuner that does that!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
+1 for Justin, I am not even a customer and he has helped me with my tuning questions, name another tuner that does that!
exactly man, I'm not even a customer either. Hell I've never even met the guy and live hundreds of miles away, but he's helped me so many times it's crazy.

As far as his tunes go, basically you send him a 100% refundable deposit for his logging cable. You get the money back after you return it to him. It just prevents people from stealing it from him. After you get it you log your truck, do some wot runs and some regular driving. You send him the log and the cable and he reviews the info from it then makes a new computer for you. You never have to have your truck down and it takes 10 minutes to swap a new pcm. He's a good guy and never has too much time for any of his customers or non customers for that matter.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
exactly man, I'm not even a customer either. Hell I've never even met the guy and live hundreds of miles away, but he's helped me so many times it's crazy.

As far as his tunes go, basically you send him a 100% refundable deposit for his logging cable. You get the money back after you return it to him. It just prevents people from stealing it from him. After you get it you log your truck, do some wot runs and some regular driving. You send him the log and the cable and he reviews the info from it then makes a new computer for you. You never have to have your truck down and it takes 10 minutes to swap a new pcm. He's a good guy and never has too much time for any of his customers or non customers for that matter.
Thanks much for the explanation. Definently seems better than just guessing. Looks like i will have to do a few more mods then get it tunred per the mods. Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MeticulousFab
Thanks much for the explanation. Definently seems better than just guessing. Looks like i will have to do a few more mods then get it tunred per the mods. Thanks
Well he also offers free retunes minus the cost of shipping both ways.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero

A friend of mine is ordering one of his tunes, and what we are doing is I am going to log his truck with the PIDs that Justin wants and I am going to send him the log. It was a little bit cheaper to do it this way and a little bit hassle free!! Once again awesome guy.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Launching!

i have a Nelson Tune. He sent me new tunes until it was dialed in
Old 01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skeet
now if you live close to houston then wheatley would be the man for street tuning,
Why? Is he based out of Houston?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SquareOne
Why? Is he based out of Houston?
yes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
traveling mod

where is justin(blackbear) located?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rpav
i have a Nelson Tune. He sent me new tunes until it was dialed in
i have a nelson tune and all i can say is im happy and theyre customer service is phenomenal,they are some awesoome people .ive annoyed the crap out of him with retunes and hes been very patiant and accomadated me as much as ive ask.im not biassed ive only used nelson and im very happy with him.

Quick Reply: Best Mail Order Tune And How Much?