Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

These 4.8 vs 5.3 debates always remind of the old very brutal 4.6(mustang) vs 5.0(mustang) debates on the ford forums

Old 05-07-2003, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Keuaka- i will smoke your slow z71 anytime buddy. just killed a 02 z71 5.3 regcab by a frickin mile. ...and thats faster than ur weak 99'. why are you even giving performance opinions when your trucks a heavy *** tank? go 4 wheel drivin! yiiippeee

as for the 4.8 vs 5.3... yes the 5.3 is faster everything being equal. but its not by much, they have the same top-end. now people will ofcourse disagree. but still, i have never seen a side by side video of two equal trucks except ones 4.8 and the others 5.3.
hey buddy, there is a reason why i have a heavy truck. it is more practical for me and the things i like to do. and yes, i did just go 4wheelin the other day. got stuck too. twice. in mud. it was fun, but still i was shittin my pants. plus i live in a place where it snows 8 months out of the year. i love passing and laughing at those who own 2wd at the rear wheels, car or truck. up in this country, it is a waste of money buying a 2wd pickup. and as for the Ext cab, i get so much use out of it, plus it looks a **** load better than reg cab. i know some **** about trucks, but i definitely don't know it all. i have more of a life outside my truck. try teaching high school kids all day long and put up with the way they treat adults these days. i was just called a ******* ****** the other day. so don't criticize me and treat me like i'm a worthless piece of ****. you act like some of the students that go the HS where i work.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Hey guys I was only asking a question! Don't get so uptight with each other! I'm learning more and more with every post!

So far, I have definitely decided I will get the Diablo Predator and the 180* thermostat. After that, we'll see. Probably something with the tranny.

Thanks,
Josh Hucks
NXS Customs
ya, thunder is the uptight one. just do a search and you'll find that he likes to get a rise out of people and talk smack. not sure why he doesn't post any times along with his mods.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

who has the best price for the diablo and the 3000 stall converter please help im doing a eaton and 4.10 next but i want a stall after that and a diablo and on the throttle body boring are they inlarging the plates also or just boring the out side part help please email me if you have more addvise please blemoine02@aol.com
Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Thunder, Both of us were running stock 3.73 with the G80
Old 05-07-2003, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Keuaka- i will smoke your slow z71 anytime buddy. just killed a 02 z71 5.3 regcab by a frickin mile. ...and thats faster than ur weak 99'. why are you even giving performance opinions when your trucks a heavy *** tank? go 4 wheel drivin! yiiippeee

as for the 4.8 vs 5.3... yes the 5.3 is faster everything being equal. but its not by much, they have the same top-end. now people will ofcourse disagree. but still, i have never seen a side by side video of two equal trucks except ones 4.8 and the others 5.3.
hey buddy, there is a reason why i have a heavy truck. it is more practical for me and the things i like to do. and yes, i did just go 4wheelin the other day. got stuck too. twice. in mud. it was fun, but still i was shittin my pants. plus i live in a place where it snows 8 months out of the year. i love passing and laughing at those who own 2wd at the rear wheels, car or truck. up in this country, it is a waste of money buying a 2wd pickup. and as for the Ext cab, i get so much use out of it, plus it looks a **** load better than reg cab. i know some **** about trucks, but i definitely don't know it all. i have more of a life outside my truck. try teaching high school kids all day long and put up with the way they treat adults these days. i was just called a ******* ****** the other day. so don't criticize me and treat me like i'm a worthless piece of ****. you act like some of the students that go the HS where i work.
Let us not forget that the fastest truck in here is a EX-cab 4X4

Parish8
Old 05-07-2003, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

keuka, my post was deleted but it said "edited version"...

Hey why do the students call u a f**cking f*ggit? hmmmmmmm i wonder why
Sooooooaaaaa Thunger 2k1 we should run em'. We both have 4.8 and live in the same town. When is good for you?

Quick Reply: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar