Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

No, no, you got me all wrong. The truck was only to tow my GTO out. You know the TEXACO off 99. The one where the slow cars are in the 12's. Ill give you a head start that way when I blow past you youll get a Pan-O-Ramic view.

:p
Old 05-08-2003, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

i guess u can try with that piece of a gto. it better not have bigass slicks in the back though like a damn redneck mobile
Not to get off topic the diablo is a good programer that will grow with you as you do other mods. I only had the choice of the Superchip and HPIII when I got mine. The diablo is much better programer then the others. my next programing is going to be done with LS1-edit.

As for Thunger: Why? Why must you be soo full of hate. You do not have the fastest thing on four wheels. Its ok you are with friends here. Lets all get along and play nice. There is no way that your truck will beat my <font color="red"> <!--color--></font> red neck <font color="black"> <!--color--></font> mobile. Its O.K. You may not beat my truck. That also is O.K. just calm down, take your meds, and get out of the gene pool. :p

P.S. I also work at a High School and we need stun guns.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

and that's GoldenVelvet with a capital G and a capital V.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Banned

thunder, why do you always have to act so childish? a 4.8 IS SLOWER THAN A 5.3. with equal mods, in fact....it takes many many mods to make a stock 4.8 as fast as a stock 5.3, just exhaust and a programmer and a upd wont make a 4.8 as fast as a stock 5.3. i know you'll come back and make some stupid remark but you are wrong, the 4.8 is...IS inferior to the 5.3 unless you mod the absolute hell out of it.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:26 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a 4.8. I have modded the motor in an atempt to overcome the shortcomings of the 4.8.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.?!

and what you call your uncanny ability to interpet the smack talking of others is called paranoia.

If the 4.8 was the best of the gen 3 motor then why does no one want to get rid of that big ol' heavy 6.0 for the lighter more aerodynamic 4.8.

The ONLY advantage the 4.8 is its very short stroke that could be used to make a high rpm motor. out of the box the 4.8 has shortcomings that need to be overcame to put it on the level with a 5.3.

The ONLY truck that has ever beaten my truck was powered by a 5.3. The only thing he had over mine was 3.73 other than that it was box stock. Now I think that if I swap in my 4.10 it would be a beter race. I have right now 3.42 with some very tall 31.25' tires on my 'red neck mobile' now being the smart man you are thunger you know that my effective ratio is something like 3.08. so the 5.3 did have some gear on me. BUT my 4.8 is comfortably modified and should have been able to overcome that "shortcoming" right..............

And Yes my GTO has some big slick on the back and on a good launch it will dangle the front skinnies.

How old are you Thunder?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Banned

i was wondering thunder's age also...i'm guessin somewhere around 16.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Banned

oh yeah...and the fastest truck in here isn't a 4x4, it's a 2wd ext cab with a smaller motor and no supercharger, big ole 20s and a crazy redneck driver. parish is the SECOND fastest truck...until mine's finished then he'll be the 3rd.

Quick Reply: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar