Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

Sorry kinda late.... fill us in on the egr mod
Old 05-08-2003, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

You go Thunder( with a capital T) I was lookin at the regency trucks back in 2000 with a guy I worked with and he bought one with a 4.8. I had to have a stock 2001, 5.3 with 3:73's. My truck bone stock I couldn't catch him.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

you boys are forgeting about a 422 getting built with a big big shot being built as we speak. the motor isnt far from being complete. hey Oxi i will be in Paso Robles for school later this year for school so we might have to line them up against my little motor with a big shot to see how close i am to ya.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Banned

red, you're building a 422? oxi, just a 200 shot??? you scared or somethin? parish....i don't know it 10s with your setup are realistic or not, maybe if you go with a different charger maybe an intercooled one. i'm thinking of a D1-SC for mine and then maybe 150-200 shot on that. finally paid off my loan and now i have all this extra money and NOTHING BETTER TO SPEND IT ON!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

No mine wont be quite that big. Silent1 is building the 422. He has alot of nice parts going into the damn thing. When ever i get back on my feet and get mine done it should be about the same size as Oxi's except i am going to try about 25 to 50 hp more of juice through mine.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:55 AM
Moderator / Sponsor

Red2k:

Where's Paso Robles? i'm always down for a race... street style or on a track? ...If its soon i'll run the stock rear-end and suspension again...stock internals an the "new" shot. Should be fun... or i can break the seals and slap the new heads and cam on the stock bottom-end ... whatever

EGR MOD(s)
1. Remove the TB and you will see the EGR tube obstuct airflow... remove the tube from the manifold and shorten it ... becareful of the factory joint ... cut too far and it will not seal
2. Where the EGR meets the solenoid make a restrictor using some thin metal and reduce he size of the hole but insure the pintle needle can still move freely..

Old 05-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Banned

oxi, what rearend and suspension are you going with? i am thinking of a 12 bolt but still not sure what to do with the rearend and rear suspension.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Moderator / Sponsor

Lets just say the second bed can accomodate a 14" wide tire... has room for 8.5"s of travel with a 5" drop and makes a good home for a 9" and compengineering 4 link I'mstill lokking for fuel cell placement and where to mount the BOTH 20 lbs bottles...
Old 05-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Banned

i measured everything for a 4 link on my truck with stock rearend a few weeks ago and it's pretty tight...that's why i thought about a 12 bolt that already has 4 link brackets on it to make it a little easier. as for the 2 20# bottles they wont do you much good when you aren't running enough of a shot.hehehe...just diggin at ya. 300 shot or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Oxi- I dont know where it is yet, gotta look at a map. I am going there for Mondelo's head porting school. I have two friends that went to it and they liked it. Well Shannon was kinda bored since he out flowed Mondelo but he has been doing it all his life to.
Slow- man your talking about quite a big shot there palsy. You better have everything just right for a shot that big unless you plan on trailering it home. Even with a forged bottum end that is alot of juice. I think i would invest in some damn strong sleeves and bad *** machining so everything is just right. Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar