Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar

nah...that's overkill. you guys are to cautious...i've seen a stock cranked aluminum 5.7 in a TRUCK take a 300 shot and have no problems at all. someone's gotta do it, we can't all be scared
Old 05-09-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks thunder is childish and likes to slam people. all i did was respond to a question by a newcomer amd i tried answering it the best i could from all the knowledge i gained from this sight, myself, and friends. i think he is just pissed at himself that he bought the 4.8 and realized that there was a 5.3 after the fact. if anyone had a choice, lets say for free or a few extra pennies, who would not chose a bigger engine unless you are concerned about gas mileage. then go buy a hybrid or something. most people don't buy a $30,000 fullsize pickup to ***** foot around. go buy an s10 w/ a 4 cylinder. if you are going to fork over the money for fullsize, don't halfass it, put the best motor you can in it. because if you don't, you are going to kick your self in the ***. i'm sure most of the people that have a 4.8 right now, will purchase a 5.3 or 6.0 when they are in the market for a new truck, unless they get a good deal with somthing else. well, i rambled on long enough. later
I agree with you. Thunder is probably just pissed off becasue he has a 4.8. Haver you ever wondered why just bought an 02 with a 5.3 and I am selling my 01 4.8.

File
Old 05-09-2003, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im wondering the same thing.... I have no clue what they are talking about plez some one fill us in on every detail...
This might help you out SleekSilverado. Click here
Old 05-09-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you. Thunder is probably just pissed off becasue he has a 4.8. Haver you ever wondered why just bought an 02 with a 5.3 and I am selling my 01 4.8.

File
sharkg- im not some little bitch running around whining that i have a 4.8 and its too slow, and im not some cocky *** kid who thinks its better than everything when i know its not. thats not how it is. i dont know if i have a freak or whats going on, im just confused. what i hear on this board just doesnt match up with my own experiances. im not trying to find excuses to say the 4.8 is better than the 5.3. i'm trying to find an excuse to why MY 4.8 seems to be faster. i just dont know whats going on, its like people telling me the skys purple when i see blue. see what im saying?
Dude I see what you are saying. I am in the same shoes. I belive I got a freak 4.8. I have beaten several similarly modded 4.8's. This includes a 99 4.8 scsb with HPP3 when I had only a dual exhaust. But I also understand that mod for mod I will never match to a 5.3.

File
Old 05-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you guys know you didn't get a 5.3 by accident??
Old 05-09-2003, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

how cool would that be though
Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Thunder in your sig it says 'bolt ons' what all have you bolted on?

Quick Reply: Best Performance Upgrades Dollar for Dollar