Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
View Poll Results: which mufflers
aero chambers
12.50%
flowmasters
15.63%
magnaflows
43.75%
other
28.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

best sounding muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nonecktribe
corsa
Me too. If I ever get another vehicle, unless I can't get Corsa's for a deal (or what I think is reasonable) , I'll consider a Magnaflow. I've loved every Corsa I've heard. Touring (mine), Sport (my bros. 02ECSB), & plenty of other trucks, along w./ Vettes, etc. Heck, check out sound clips on just bout whatever on their site. Even if it's a car brand u wouldn't buy, listen. I think you'd be pleased.

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
thats what im thinking but there damn expensive plus i need two mufflers cause ive got true duals
They sell their DB line. Never heard em, since they came out after I got my setup, but it seems marketed toward the person who doesn't want/ can't afford a full Corsa sysyem. But wants Corsa sound/ quality.

Last edited by fastnblu; 11-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just going to ask real quick, touring or sport...which is louder?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
are you runnin true duals? and are you runnin cats? sounds damn good hmm
Pacesetter LT's and 3" ORY into a single 3" exiting in front of the right rear tire. I got the long Powerstick too.....I think its a 26" case. Be warned though; its pretty damn loud inside and out. I like it but since loud is subjective most people that have ridden with me think its obnoxiously loud. It does have the best tone I've heard though; I fell in love with the GMMG made for the f-bodies and this was the closest I could get on my truck since its the same design.

Classic Chambered does make another muffler with packing inside that's a bit quieter now as well but has the same tone; if I ever redo the exhaust I'll probably look into them.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
im just going to ask real quick, touring or sport...which is louder?
Sport is louder. But my Touring is faster.

At idle, both have a lil burble. His does screams tho if u hammer it WOT. I'd like to take his thru a parkin garage & setoff some alarms. Or mine would too.

Actually, lemme clarify. That's stock Sport catback vs stock Touring. My exhaust isn't stock. It's stainless front - back. Dyna LT's w/. HiFlo Cats into the Corsa. It's quieter than my brother's @ moderate accel. When I hammer it, I think it'll be pretty close. My bro said I bout blew his eardrums out when I was next to him, & I punched it. I forgot if he had his truck w/ Corsa or the Z06.

Only change I might ever do is get a 3" S/S I-pipe so I don't cut my original Corsa intermediate. Add a cutout for the occasional ricer or to play.

Jeteys5.3, that help?

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-28-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
Pacesetter LT's and 3" ORY into a single 3" exiting in front of the right rear tire. I got the long Powerstick too.....I think its a 26" case. Be warned though; its pretty damn loud inside and out. I like it but since loud is subjective most people that have ridden with me think its obnoxiously loud. It does have the best tone I've heard though; I fell in love with the GMMG made for the f-bodies and this was the closest I could get on my truck since its the same design.

Classic Chambered does make another muffler with packing inside that's a bit quieter now as well but has the same tone; if I ever redo the exhaust I'll probably look into them.
my cousin had the GMMG catback on his maro it sounded awsome thats what made me want to put it on my mustang for ***** and giggles heres a vid of my mustang with the classic chambered mufflers i think there 16 inchs its loud as hell in the car i have them dumped before the axle you have to scream at each other if theres someone else in the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3QhAAl3uJU
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got a cherry bomb pro muffler on the ole 5.3 i love it!! way louder than my friends 5.3 wit flowmasters and louder than diff. chambered exhaust ive heard.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been through several mufflers.

40 series = meh
Aerochamber = sounded horrible on my silverado. Sounds great on my brothers 96.
50 series = my favorite so far.

My exhaust is setup longtubes to y pipe to 3 inch to muffler dumped before axle.

No cats.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

IMO on the 5.0s you can run like a ****** 45" muffler BLOCKED with packing but as long as its aftermarket those things just have this ridiculously nice rumble to them its so annoying that my truck still doesnt sound like that haha
Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
IMO on the 5.0s you can run like a ****** 45" muffler BLOCKED with packing but as long as its aftermarket those things just have this ridiculously nice rumble to them its so annoying that my truck still doesnt sound like that haha
true i havent heard a 5.0 that sounded bad but to me they all the the same i can tell from a mile away that its a shitstain
Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Teching In

I eventually plan to change my exhaust from magnaflow to spintech

Quick Reply: best sounding muffler