Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

BIG NEWS... the 402 H2 is going with Turbo Technology Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Sweet! I'd really like to do the swap as well. Damn, I wanted a turbo from the start but no one made a bolt on kit. Well, I'm way past worrying about a bolt on kit anymore. That thing is going to be a monster!

That livernois kit looks nice and is set up for trucks. The H2 is a new animal with it's different layout. We have to create a kit.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

All this happened cause of a blown motor! Man you are going to have a awesome ride, good luck
Old 12-11-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Glad you came to your senses Cory

It did take a day or two to convince him the Radix had served him well but a Turbo was what he really needed to feed those Cubes

Enjoy!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

It wasn't too hard to convince me... it was the cost analysis that was the troubling part. I'm glad we got that and rest of the combo all worked out.

This build is paid for by Mastercard, Visa, and the unsuspecting 1985 Vette Race project (now called a "parts car") in the back room of the garage
Old 12-12-2005, 04:26 AM
11 Second Club

Just to expand.....
That Radix kit was awesome on their...Have to give big props to Magnuson for their kit The average power was kick *** (and looking at the dyno graph before the throttle closed to 78% it looks like power would have been in the 420 to 440 area at rear)..and accellerated the 6800lb H2 really good...If the one rod cap was still there I'm sure the maggie would be there still with a planned set of heads and headers added later on...But, sense your already there spending big bucks with a block and pistons set up for 15 psi.....the takes over. We talked about going in to the 10-12 psi area with these heads and cubic inches....The first choice was a t-76...on a stocker cubed engine the t-67 would have been a nice street choice.....

Thanks again......"Brian" you guys have a real nice quaility kit, it was nice to see everything there, and in no time we had it running real good. But, you know the old adage "absolute power corrupts, absolutely"...
Old 12-12-2005, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

I agree Jim. IF they had a bigger Blower I would have said stay with it. The problem as we figuered is feeding 402 CI. Just not enough air to get where we were planning on going. Maybe in the Future we will see a 150 or larger case to feed such and animal

It was an incredible setup till it go BOOM! To its Credit the Radix was the only thing to make it out alive
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHarris
It wasn't too hard to convince me... it was the cost analysis that was the troubling part. I'm glad we got that and rest of the combo all worked out.

This build is paid for by Mastercard, Visa, and the unsuspecting 1985 Vette Race project (now called a "parts car") in the back room of the garage

Because of the Radix on my truck, that was supposed to be the "tow truck", my 81 vette race car has now become a box collector . 1slow01z71 can vouch for that
Old 12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mjhoward

Because of the Radix on my truck, that was supposed to be the "tow truck", my 81 vette race car has now become a box collector . 1slow01z71 can vouch for that
the big flat C4 hood is a great extra work bench....lol
Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I agree Jim. IF they had a bigger Blower I would have said stay with it. The problem as we figuered is feeding 402 CI. Just not enough air to get where we were planning on going. Maybe in the Future we will see a 150 or larger case to feed such and animal

It was an incredible setup till it go BOOM! To its Credit the Radix was the only thing to make it out alive

I know my credit cards (and WIFE) are thanking the Radix for at least holding itself together...lol Actually, I think my wife is cursing me and the Radix

I am pretty sure that combo was going to be good for a lot closer to high 13.5's as it was before the boom. Oh well, the world will never know for sure.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads on the new setup. That thing is going to rip That 76mm is going to match that 402ci perfectly. Caint wait to see what that things puts down for numbers on the dyno and at the track

Quick Reply: BIG NEWS... the 402 H2 is going with Turbo Technology Inc.