Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Big TeX,got your monitor on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Big TeX,got your monitor on?

Richard
Youve been way to dam quiet here these day.

We need an update on the SS,any changes any kills new track times? and has that beast seen a dyno yet?There must be a AWD dyno some where in the big state of Texass.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

...I'm all ears as well

Old 08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gonz. As I was telling Krambo in a PM just last night .... Its been pretty darn hot here lately. I haven't done much with the truck in the heat, I just don't feel like it. But I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for the coming months. No AWD dyno with a long wheelbase for the extended cab, all are for small cars. I'll just pull my front driveshaft and do a 2wd dyno. Truck is running pretty well even in the heat, probably better than I thought it would. I do need to get out and check out my transfer case pretty soon. I think I hurt it recently.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

You havent had the SS out ,hoping it would heel it self.Tex,did you see the pic i sent some time ago of the crated longblocks on the trailer?Toying with the idea of buying a set of patriot heads and bolt them on one of these motors.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I did take it on a 500 mile trip and didn't have any problem. I just get a shuttering / grinding action when I make hard turns with good throttle. I have a feeling its the Tcase, but it could be the front diff. Drives fine otherwise, but I haven't given it a hard launch yet. I'm not quite ready for it to completely fail.

Yes I did see those longblocks. Those patriots are a sweet price, thats for sure. But I think you should do a quick check on those motors, sell them here, then buy a Radix for your current 6.0L. Either that, or put a stroker kit in one of them and top it off with the patriots. You already have a mild heads / cam 6.0, I don't think you'll see a huge difference in another one without stroking it.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

I have many options,my current set up is tip top as always,first option would be to bolt on a set of patriots H&C on one of these low mile shortblocks,i think it would be a pretty good gain over my current based on how Jims truck runs with his combo.I put my quad in the back to even out the weight of his Denali and he pulled me steadily.I really like the idea of a stroker and would make that my first choice when spending big money but a SC makes more sense since I live at 3500-4k ft elevation,the SC wont give up the power as much as the N/A due to altittude.I will seriously consider any and all of your suggestions.Gnz

Servicing your T-case may cure your comon AWD chatter.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

This isn't your normal AWD chatter. Its been perfect for 2 years. Then last month, I was turning left off a gravel road into swiftly moving traffic. I had to give it some gas, you know what I mean. I was barely moving when the front tires break free and all the torque gets slammed to the rear wheels. Immediately I hear this grinding and feel it in my steering and floor. As I straighten up, the sound goes away, but was back when I made the next 90* turn. Since then, I've been easy on it. I've got a dealership that will take care of me, but I don't like leaving it unsupervised. I can image the test drives it would get.

You've got my 100% recommendation on the Radix. It would probably be near perfect on your current setup. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on a used one.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BigTex
This isn't your normal AWD chatter. Its been perfect for 2 years. Then last month, I was turning left off a gravel road into swiftly moving traffic. I had to give it some gas, you know what I mean. I was barely moving when the front tires break free and all the torque gets slammed to the rear wheels. Immediately I hear this grinding and feel it in my steering and floor. As I straighten up, the sound goes away, but was back when I made the next 90* turn. Since then, I've been easy on it. I've got a dealership that will take care of me, but I don't like leaving it unsupervised. I can image the test drives it would get.

You've got my 100% recommendation on the Radix. It would probably be near perfect on your current setup. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on a used one.

NOW THATS WHAT IM TAKING ABOUT
If a Bigtex kind of deal came along i could get real serious

I think i can speak for most everyone here,we are looking forward to some Bigtex fall national 1/4 mile blasts Low low 12s? high 11s?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:31 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I think my truck can dip into the 11s on the Radix without any nitrous or meth. My 12.3 was without any weight reduction and in warm temps. I've got a few minor tweeks to make. By the time cooler weather comes in, it will be ready.