Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Billy Boat vs. Corsa Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy Boat vs. Corsa Exhaust

Just wondering if anyone is running Billy Boat Exhaust on there Chevy/GMC Truck? I have a 01' GMC Sierra with a 5.3 in it. I listened to the sounds of Billy Boat Exhuast I liked it, and also I am still liking the Corsa.
They are both throaty and sounds good too, so i was just wondering about the comparsions of both. Prices are about the same so just wondering about everyones opinion.
Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never heard of Billy Boat and sounds like some back woods type thing. Corsa on the other hand is a well established company with nothing but good feedback. I'll take a moment and look into the Billy stuff just because I have no idea about any of the products from that company.

Having Corsa myself, I would find it hard to find a better system out there...
Old 04-13-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ha... Sorry about that. I never knew B&B stood for Billy Boat. Learn something everyday.

I still like my Corsa...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the BBTRiflo on my step side. It's a dual back. I like the sound. It crakles coming off the rpms but I have no cats and long tubes.
The one thing about Corsa I noticed was they have a single pipe coming out of the muffler that they split with a y for the Dual look. BB as well as Magnaflow have dual pipes coming out of the muffler. I don't think it matters but something I noticed.
I have a 03 GMC that I might go with the magnaflow but I need to make sure its the good stainless stell and not the same as factory 409. The salty winters up here are terrible.

I think you would be good with either, There both about the same cost. Magnaflow is alot cheaper but i don't think it's much louder than b&B. My bb catback has 2.25 dual pipes as opposed to 2.5 dual on the magnaflow. The magnafow prolly sounds boomier.

I have never heard a corsa on a truck but on the c5 they sound rippin.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

those 2 are my top 2 choices if i was going to get another truck. i am leaning towards corsa though. B&B would be a close 2nd for me.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id go for B&B! Ive seen alot of f-body guys complain about the Crosa internals falling apart and rattling. That and just a few days ago, I have heard this dilemma first-hand. 5 month old Corsa system on a 2001 TA, rattles horrible. Hes having to take the muffler off and send it back for a replacement.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

my dad had the B&B exhaust on his 97 vette. very nice setup. gave it a great sound too. go here and check out some of the sounds. B&B exhaust sounds
Old 04-14-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

my friend has corsa on his 02 T/A it sounds awesome, he also has hooker longtubes though. anyways whern i get my new truck im goin withy the corsa
Old 04-19-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

I put a B&B on my truck recently. I had a Corsa on my old 5.3.

Interior: B&B is much louder, but without any droning or resonation. Just a sweet rumble. I LOVE it. You "notice" the Corsa, but that's it.

Exterior: It's a little hard to compare because the Corsa was a side exit, and the B&B is split-rear. I think the Corsa was a fair amount louder. Like straight-pipe loud. It screams. The B&B sounds more refined, and is a much more angry, but slightly quieter, rumble. Under bridges, the Corsa sounded louder, but the B&B sounds better.

With your windows down, you hear the Corsa all the time. With the B&B, you don't really hear it all that much. Either the interior noise makes you think it's louder than it is, or all the sound is going straight back away from the truck.

Performance, Not much to menton really. I didn't loose anything with the Corsa, just felt like the 5.3 revved out better. The B&B actually has BETTER LOWEND, even with the duals. It also revs out better - more noticeably than the Corsa - could be due to the different motor sizes?

Dislikes? The Corsa sounded like a farm tractor when you lugged it up a hill and the tranny was locked up in OD, or holding a taller gear. B&B........... Nothing really. I'd just recommend pre-fitting everything before you start to hang stuff. I had to do some finishing work to the slip joints.

I have some rather lousy sound clips up here... if you don't mind a couple of popups.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:14 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc - does the B&B have any drone at 1600-1800 rpms with light to medium throttle?

Quick Reply: Billy Boat vs. Corsa Exhaust