Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Blankity Blank Crank Pulley!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blankity Blank Crank Pulley!!!!!

Ok this is gonna be fun. Me and another member just called it quits for the night. we have everything taken off except the damn crankpulley and holy hell its hard to get off! We have tried 9 kinds of different ways to get the thing off with the puller! I didnt have this much trouble with my camswaps on my truck but what the hell? Can someone explain to me how this dad gum puller is supposed to be set up? If yall understand what i mean?

I had it setup like follows when i did mine. The large grips were facing the outside and i was pulling from the tabs on the inside and it keeps slipping off! Im about to go have it ground down at an angle to get it to bite on the pulley itself. Any clues or suggestions? BTW it is a rented puller...
Old 04-06-2006, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure it's the right puller. Don't be grinding on a rented puller or you will own it.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I always grab the little tabs on the inside. The fingers of the pulley arent spread out as far this way.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yep. The second time I pulled one I made the mistake of using the outer tabs. Swap the jaws around so they face the inner tabs and you should have no problems.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Sexy Party Mod

I am grabbing the inner tabs and the damn thing is at such an angle that it doesnt bite! Its driving us insane! Im taking the puller back today to see if they have another that we can use.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

when i did mine i used a puller from advance and put it on the inner tabs of the pulley. worked fine for me.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds Like You Might Have The Wrong Puller
Old 04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Beau, after a good bit of thinking of this predicament that you are in, I believe I have figured out what the problem is. One of the most important things to remember while working on a vehicle and using tools, is that you , the operator, must be at least 3% smarter than what you are working with.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by white1
Beau, after a good bit of thinking of this predicament that you are in, I believe I have figured out what the problem is. One of the most important things to remember while working on a vehicle and using tools, is that you , the operator, must be at least 3% smarter than what you are working with.

I would tell you to "Eat ****" but you are dead on the money. I did however, go back to The Zone and got a chrystler style puller for the Inner inner tabs. Hopefully it will work, otherwise we are getting the cutting torch out and that bastard is really commin off!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

use this puller, works like a champ. wouldn't use anything else. Posi Lock model 104 gear and bearing puller. PM me if you want more info.
Attached Thumbnails Blankity Blank Crank Pulley!!!!!-sears.jpg  

Quick Reply: Blankity Blank Crank Pulley!!!!!