Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Blown head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:22 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
ARP studs and Cometic gaskets. Only way to go
people oponions are mixed on the cometics, they cost like 5 times as much as the stock mls and no one can really say if they are any better, they also seem to be more likey to have small coolant leaks.

harlen is running arp studs and stock mls gaskets.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And more than 23psi
Old 11-14-2004, 10:07 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could almost smell that coolant coming through my speakers. Kinda reminds me of the last Iron Maiden concert I went to.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
I think you killed the **** outta that grass.
LMAO!!!

I was thinking about how shitty his camera must smell now too. Hahaha

Did you notice that half way through the vid that both sides were shooting white smoke? I hope you don't have mocha latte in there. When I melted a piston on my first motor I filled the shop with that white haze... It definately looked like an Iron Maiden concert then!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm to young to know about those concerts. I have not lost any oil pressure though. I haven't checked it yet either though. I will prolly do that tomorrow if I get a chance. I haven't really been driving thew truck much lately. I do need to use it to move this week though. I wonder if it will last that long.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

How do you like the Hankook tires? (I think theyre hankooks from the tread pattern)
Old 11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know yet .. I haven't gotten on it in 1st with them on yet. I don't expect them to hold, but they do corner better than the GT2's.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Flyer
I'm to young to know about those concerts.
Ok, then try to remember your first Backstreet Boys concert. Did they use those smoke cannons or fireworks? it's kinda like that.

Seriously though. I am not sure when I popped my motor. I thought I did it on the street right before the fire but i really think it happened on the lift when we first fired it up after the fire. I had small rocks and dirt inside the motor. Just make sure you get us pics if it's something ugly!

You know we at LS1Tech are like the Romans when it comes to our thirst for carnage! Bring on the lions!! Errrr, ben't pushrods and melted pistons!!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should go and get that bad boy emissions tested
That looks shitty, kinda looks like when I would start up my ol 88 gmc 350. She had 3" straight pipes! lot of growl, but definetly no bite.

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Seriously though. I am not sure when I popped my motor. I thought I did it on the street right before the fire but i really think it happened on the lift when we first fired it up after the fire.
FIRE WTF!!!!

what happend?? Pics?
Old 11-15-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think I forgot to mention, it cleans up once it gets warmed up. I'm thinking it might be a loose nut on the studs or something for that reason. It's not perfect once it warms up, but it isn't blowing any steam, a little rich still, but it's not blowing any steam. It will have a little popping sound under WOT, but now that I know what's going on, I've been avoiding that.

I drove it today about 30 minutes away to pick up a refridgerator, couch and bed on my 16x8 trailer. It never missed a beat once it got warmed up. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to start tearing it down.

Quick Reply: Blown head gasket