Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Boost Guage Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Guage Wiring

I installed the radix boost guage on my pillar, but am not sure which wire to tap into for the guage light. Any ideas or hints?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoover87
I installed the radix boost guage on my pillar, but am not sure which wire to tap into for the guage light. Any ideas or hints?
join the club

Any ground will do, and you might try a night running light. Without a wiring diagram thats your safest bet.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

I tapped in to the wires for the headlights and used a voltage tester to see which wire got power when the headlights cam on. I also tapped into a ground wire there as well.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I tapped in to the wires for the headlights and used a voltage tester to see which wire got power when the headlights cam on. I also tapped into a ground wire there as well.
I tapped into one of the wires on the back of the dimmer dial. I forget which one worked, there were two wires, i think a brown one, and the other one which i used. It allows me to still use the dimmer. You can check each wire on the back of the dimmer plug by just touching the gauge wire to the pins that are stuck into the plug, took me about a min to figure out which wire to use.

Nate
Old 12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NateZ
I tapped into one of the wires on the back of the dimmer dial. I forget which one worked, there were two wires, i think a brown one, and the other one which i used. It allows me to still use the dimmer. You can check each wire on the back of the dimmer plug by just touching the gauge wire to the pins that are stuck into the plug, took me about a min to figure out which wire to use.

Nate
Nice, good idea.