Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Borla stainless headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla stainless headers?

I was wondering about buying a set of Borla headers for my 5.3 chevy Silverado? However, I cannot find a concrete picture exactly showing the part. I cannot find them over their website. They look to be excellant and carry a million mile warrenty. Does anyone have these? And are you happy with them?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whatever brand you end up getting, i'd suggest getting ceramic coated inside and out. it keeps the heat in the pipe [at least until it gets to the head pipe] and helps lower your engine compartment temp which is always a good thing. if they are shorty headers most people agree that you are'nt going to get huge gains. i got the ceramic coated edelbrocks, they have thick flanges and all the holes aligned perfectly [ from what i've heard misalignment is problem on some of the cheaper units] i noticed a difference on my supercharged 6.0 ,not so much power but it just seemed smoother. i want to say they were $350 + coated. hav'nt seen the borlas but i've heard it's a good company. i bought stainless shortys for my bronco years ago and they are still holding up but they did'nt reduce underhood temps at all. if you're looking for large power gains look elsewhere, like every other bolt on miracle their power claims are usually inflated. i find it funny that most companies don't show before and after dyno charts or say what conditions or where in the rpm range these gains are made. i'm not trying to be a downer and most of these things help to a certain extent, they just won't make your truck into a fire breathing dragon. if you install them yourself, soak the bolts good with penetrant [ i like p.b blaster], make sure the head surface is clean and when you install the new bolts use anti sieze on them tighten to torque spec and retorque after 500 miles. good luck