Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Bought a 06 silverado max 6.0. Want a deep sounding muffler. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a 06 silverado max 6.0. Want a deep sounding muffler. Ideas?

What size and type muffler will give me a deep sound with little interior drone at highway speeds?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Corsa Sport
Old 11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

I have a 3.5" Hooker aerochamber. Its very quiet with stock manifolds and cats, but with long tube headers mine has developed a deep, nearly big block sound.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I would have to vote for either Corsa Sport (I have now) or a Bassani cat back system (Sounds really good and unique). If I were doing it again, the Bassani cat-back kit would be my choice! I choose this sytem because not many people at all have it, and it sounds great.
If you are wanting really deep, the Corsa system is not going to fit your needs. It's only really loud at WOT. Though you do not get interior drone.
The Bassani system will be the deep your wanting, but will give a little interior drone. The Magnaflow kit will definately give you interior drone.
Hard decisions.......good luck!

Jim
Old 11-01-2006, 06:06 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get magnaflow. My brother dumped two magnaflow mufflers before the axle and you can hear the electric fans more than the exhuast.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i always hear good about magnaflow.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tarinitup
Don't get magnaflow. My brother dumped two magnaflow mufflers before the axle and you can hear the electric fans more than the exhuast.
He must have gotten his Magnaflow mufflers off of E-bay!!!
I've never heard magnaflows that are quiet.
The only Magnaflow that I heard that was quiet was a Magnaflow-X muffler that I had on my old 2000 5.3L Silverado.
I went dual from the engine back, but used that particular muffler because it went in two, had a crossover section inside the muffler, and went out two.
I even had S.S. magnaflow tips coming out the side behind the R. rear tire.
Anyways, it was pretty quiet, and I felt no gains at all from that particular set-up. It may have picked up more power in the upper rpm's, but not to where I could tell from my SOTP meter.
What-ever you decide, stick with a cat-back kit. They offer the best gains over any custom dual set-ups.

Jim

Trending Topics

Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I have two 3" flowtech afterburners with no dumps or anything. They had a "deep" rumble to them before with just stock cats and a true dual. Now with the LT's, its hard to keep my foot out of it because I love the way it sounds They're reasonably priced too. I got mine from summit for like $38 each.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Hooker AeroChambers have a deep tone to them, but are pretty quiet almost no drone at highway, same with corsa, but I could never bring myself to spend that kind of $$$$$

Also, I just went with a Quickflow muffler and I am utterly impressed with it. Sounds similar to the hooker, but a little louder overall, although I am running LT's and high flow cats too.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

I do know that aftermarket exhausts on the 6.0 trucks that I have heard sound much different than the 5.3 trucks. I think I am going with a Flopro muffler welded in place of the factory muffler since I don't want anything real loud... just a better flowing muffler. The flopro is supposed to be slightly louder than stock with no interior resonance.

Quick Reply: Bought a 06 silverado max 6.0. Want a deep sounding muffler. Ideas?