Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Bought a 06 silverado max 6.0. Want a deep sounding muffler. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am with bassani also. I have tried so many mufflers on so many different trucks with different applications. I have two bassani mufflers on their way for my new truck. 1) is a custom built 4x8 inch case that is 12inches long. Most are 16 inches long that are normal street comps. that one is single 3 inch in and dual 2.5 out. Then I also have a race muffler to try out which is 3.5 in and 3.5 out that is 16 inches long. I am going to fab up a way to switch them out whenever I want to go a little louder. I had dual bassanis on my last truck with mag x pipe and Lt's no cats with tips dumped off of them. I absolutely loved the sound. wasn't quiet loud enough for me but perfect for most people. that's why I went ot a smaller case. good luck with the find and maybe one day I can get some sound clips of the new mufflers on the new truck.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Magnaflow..
Old 11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corsa is by no means deep at all. Magnaflow is gonna win there no doubt.

But on the other hand. Corsa doesnt drone!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hooker Aerochamber. Its so deep, it makes your head vibrate!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MorepowerTY
Hooker Aerochamber. Its so deep, it makes your head vibrate!
Yeah, but he doesn't want interior drone. I don't see this happening for him the way he'd like.

Jim
Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Is there such a thing as a deep aggressive sounding muffler with little to mild interior drone?

I have another question. What is the point of the factory exhaust having two entry points and two outlets that merge into one. Why didn't they just make one 3 or 3.5in. inlet and one large outlet on the muffler?

Does the hooker muffler and magna flow muffler sound like any of these?

http://ls1sounds.com/
Old 11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

The 6.0L engine likes a bit more exhaust flow. The in two out two is for a cross over section to equilize the exhaust pressure between both engine side banks.
Whatever you decide to do, you need the exhaust merged into each other somewhere.
Bassani would be what your looking for for the tone and interior noise levels.

Jim
Old 11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Launching!

I've had the Magnaflow on my '99 ecsb 5.3 and after 2 weeks I had to yank that thing off. At between 1600 and 2300 rpm was its loudest - right at cruising range. It drove me nuts.

I put a FloPro on my '04 with the 6.0 and was pretty disappointed. It was as quiet or quieter than stock. What I wanted was something that sounded good and aggressive when I got on it, but I didn't want to hear it all the time, like cruising.

The Corsa is the way to go if you don't want to hear the constant drone that you get with Flowmasters or Magnaflows. If there is no load on your engine, like at a highway cruise, you won't know it's there, but as soon as you downshift or get on it you'll hear it.

I've got the Sport, but if you do any towing on a regular basis, go for the Touring system. At any change in grade you'll hear the Sport. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but it'll let you know it's there. It's not loud or droning, but it can get kind of annoying if there are alot of hills on your trip. If you don't tow or tow often, then go for the Sport. I highly recommend it as will all the other Corsa users out there.

Corsas are pricey, check their website for the model that fits your truck then check eBay often. That's where I got mine for about 60% off the retail price.

Good luck!
SS
Old 11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Veteran

I don't think that the aerochamber drones at all. Maybe if you have no cats, but I had put one on my Z71 right after I got it and It had an extremely deep sound to it, but at highway speeds and cruise where drone is a problem, hell, i couldn't even here the exhaust at all.

Note, this was on a 5.3 liter.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Here are a few videos that I have found while researching that show mufflers that appeal to my ear. Especially the first and second videos.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST SOUND CLIP-99GMC TRUCK
http://ls1sounds.com/dynomax.htm

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...omaxsounds.flv

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7060968715915446/pict0498/

Which mufflers will produce a similiar sound on a 6.0?

Quick Reply: Bought a 06 silverado max 6.0. Want a deep sounding muffler. Ideas?