Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

brake issue??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default brake issue??

Guys, give me some idea what we should to do before I do anything to buying a new parts. Last week my brake start shake. So the rotors been over 4 yrs I had thhose with my truck when I bought it. Does turn the rotors like 5 times for since in about 4 yrs. Never had problem. But did turn the rotors last week and bought a napa brake pad for just front. It does fine about few hours noctied it a little shake. How I able stop them? If it was rotor no good. Have to buy a new rotors or what. Give me a idea. So I could figure it out. Many thanks.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the caliper and caliper bracket bolts are tight. They may have backed out a bit since you tightened them, happens sometimes.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you proof read your posts before you post them? Just wondering...

Have the rotors been turned 5 times? I honestly have no idea wtf you said.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If I am reading this right you have turned the rotors 5 times?? Usually they will take of about 40 thousanths each time they are turned if they are warped or grooved real bad. This means you can only get usually 2 turns at the most before the rotor is below minimum and needs to be replaced.

Also, make sure all the lug nuts are torqued to the exact same ft-lb. Since the wheel holds the rotor onto the hub assembly if one lug nut is tighter than another the rotor may not be square on the hub causing some vibration when breaking.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Wearin' da big hat

When I turn rotors, I usually do a very light base cut outside to inside and take off both lips and judge how warped they are. If it isn't too bad, I take 3-5 thousandths off each side (6-10 total) and then go from there. I rarely have to take off more than 10 off each side unless the rotor is very bad.

I've been turning rotors and drums pretty frequently for over 2 years.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i remember correctly he is deaf. and it might be time for you to get new rotors if you have had them turned 5 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by silverado2000
if i remember correctly he is deaf. and it might be time for you to get new rotors if you have had them turned 5 times.
Deaf doesn't mean dumb. I know this has been brought up at least 5 times in all of his different threads. If he reads our posts on this board as much as I think he does, then he should understand how to communicate and use proper grammar... It's really hard to help someone when you can't understand what the hell they're saying.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of deaf people have poor grammar. He is indeed deaf. at any rate, he needs new rotors if they have been turned five different times.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Do you proof read your posts before you post them? Just wondering...

Have the rotors been turned 5 times? I honestly have no idea wtf you said.
Just **** off you dont know whats going on. Im hearing imparied. I had enough with you okay?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dewey
A lot of deaf people have poor grammar. He is indeed deaf. at any rate, he needs new rotors if they have been turned five different times.
Most people know nothing about deaf. People needs learn how to handle with their idiot mouth.

Like I say 5 times turning the rotors equal 4 yrs old. I bought past in 2006 truck. Now its 2010 it would be 4 yrs old on my truck with SAME rotors I had right now. Been turning the rotors long time ago. Now I need new brake pad time to replace. Since it getting worn out and the rotors start a little warp blue SPOT on it. I turn the rotors. It look so clean and shine as silver something like fresh one. It does smooth till about 2 hours it started get a little shake not as bad. When you drive and brake get hot touch the rotors while you brake it. Do you know what I mean?

Quick Reply: brake issue??