Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

brake issue??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
If I am reading this right you have turned the rotors 5 times?? Usually they will take of about 40 thousanths each time they are turned if they are warped or grooved real bad. This means you can only get usually 2 turns at the most before the rotor is below minimum and needs to be replaced.

Also, make sure all the lug nuts are torqued to the exact same ft-lb. Since the wheel holds the rotor onto the hub assembly if one lug nut is tighter than another the rotor may not be square on the hub causing some vibration when breaking.
Yeah, I agree what your saying. I did pretty do good with all this stuff. The rotor I turn really SMOOTH ont he rotors look like as brand new. I guess just go ahead buy a rotors for a simple. For understand with my old rotors been run for 4 yrs. Guess time to get new one. Who most like to buy a brand of rotors from auto zone. I see two price different, one is cheaper and one is expensive. But both of them look like really same. Which you usually like to buy cheaper or expensive one? Just wonder.

Everyone- thank you for respond my thread to help out some info for my brake issues. Really appericated for your help. Many thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the NAPA Gold rotors; IIRC they're the same as the Brembo blank rotors. By the way, before you start buying stuff, make sure that ALL of your bolts (including lug nuts) are tightened, just to be sure
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stick with the premium (more expensive) rotors. I've had good luck with Napa Ultra Premium, Raybestos, Brembo. Cheap rotors have never lasted for me.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewey
get the NAPA Gold rotors; IIRC they're the same as the Brembo blank rotors. By the way, before you start buying stuff, make sure that ALL of your bolts (including lug nuts) are tightened, just to be sure
Appericated for that. Yes all bolts pretty tight no loose as well. I recheck double. Thanks for everyone for helpout.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as aftermarket goes, NAPA is my favorite...I put AutoZone parts on the Blazer which is my beater...
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like it may just be time for new rotors. We always use Wagoner from Oriellys but in the past couple years they have started making them in China. Still a superior product to their lower Brake Best line as far as I can tell. I am sure the Napa rotors are good as well.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
Sounds like it may just be time for new rotors. We always use Wagoner from Oriellys but in the past couple years they have started making them in China. Still a superior product to their lower Brake Best line as far as I can tell. I am sure the Napa rotors are good as well.
We don't have Oreilly's around here
Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I know they bought out a parts store chain in the North West a few years ago but I guess they havent made it up to the North East yet. We have pretty much every parts store there is around here lol.