Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Budget Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Build

I previously had every intention of going to the TR220 route, stalled out, with some spray. Well my brother and I got talking last night about starting a budget oriented build with the end goal of 13s in mind, while maintaining daily driver status.

We are aiming for an end budget of less than $2k for parts/install. Tuning is already covered by BB, so I will not factor this into the equation. This is probably going to take a little while as we are going to attempt to find used parts whenever possible, with the exception of stall, pushrods and springs.

The current, but not final plan is as follows:

LTs or Mid-Lengths
Yank TT3000 or Circle D 278mm 3000
Transgo HD2
LPE GT2-3 (Already have it)
Pac 1218s
7.425 Hardened Pushrods
75-100 shot of Nitrous
NGK TR6
E-Fans (Budget Allowing)
2" Drop Shackle

The goal is to maintain excellent driveablilty with the ability to pull my 5600lb boat and be fun to drive and maintain gas mileage the other 90% of the time. This is probably going to take about a year to get together.

You guys think this is possible? I know the cam isn't the best choice, but I've got it sitting on the shelf taking up space so I might as well use it. We do plan on boosting the crap outta this 5.3 sometime in the future, and I really don't feel like swapping out cams again.

Regarding the shackles. The ones we put on my Boss' truck have grease zerks, do y'all know who made them? He got them slightly used on Ebay with no mention of manufacturer.

Thoughts/opinions? Anyone know of a good shop in the NOLA area to do the stall and shift kit?

Last edited by BOSS302; 03-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

We ordered the OBX style LTs from DNA on ebay. Waiting to hear back fron Chris about the stall.

Probably going to nix the cam for now, as I'm really not in the mood to tear into the motor at this time.

We are going to get a tru-trac sometime over the next couple of months, as all of the install work is going to have to wait until september at the earliest, as that's when I'll get back stateside.

We've been debating between a wet or dry shot. I'm really wanting to stick to a dry to keep costs down, and being as we're not going higher than a 100shot, I don't foresee a problem. Just a little tune tweak and a window switch and we should be good to go IMO.

We're going to do some TR6 plugs, and I think I've got some flexfuel injectors that we might throw in just because.

Am I missing anything? Anybody know of a good trans shop in the NOLA area that could do the stall?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Staging Lane

yo man sounds good. im doing a budget build too. Eventually i wanna do a t56 swap so im looking for a good trans shop in LA too