Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

BUILD:05 Escalade lq9 with TEA l92's/truck intake,high miles ok?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUILD:05 Escalade lq9 with TEA l92's/truck intake,high miles ok?

Scored a brand new set of complete L92 heads and brand new complete l92 truck intake(injectors,90mm tb,sensors,rail,everything!) for $800 shipped.And he has several pallets of heads and intakes left!!!

Heads are on there way to TEA for there stg 1 porting(after callin WCCH,TSP,TEA,and others about there l92's,not only are the TEA's the best deal for the $$$,they also flow better than the others that are hundreds of $$$'s more),intake is headed this way,still have to order my custom camshaft,DrX tb harness adaptor,ls7 roller lifters,Yella Terra 1.7 adj rockers,LS6 ported oil pump,ls2 t chain,GM gaskets,ARP bolts,pushrods and 42# injectors.

Lonnie@ExtermeAutomatics(builder of all of FLT's valve bodys) is building me his best 4l65e,he seems to think a 4l80 swap would not only be very costly but also unneeded.Since i want to be able to tow with the truck,I will be limiting the stall between 2600-2800.I am leaning towards the Circle D Stg III triple disk lockup as I am reading ALOT of good things online and the guy I got my heads/intake from says they make a great product with some of the best parts he has seen!

I was conflicted between going with ported 317's or ported 243's but the l92's just flow so well.Not to mention I will be coming out CHEAPER using the better heads even with having to purchase the cores....

I am kinda torn on installing the heads and intake on a high mile lq9 engine though,anyone have experience on substantially increasing hp on a 150k+ LS based engine?I know my engine is in excellent shape as the truck was bought new by my mother and has always had the oil changed with Mobil 1 every 3000 miles.Oil pressure is almost 40# hot in gear.Truck was stock until 3-4 weeks ago...

If its not a good idea to install these on a high mileage engine,I guess ill be ordering a HKE 408 in the next month or 2!Between the new top end upgrades,all the bolt ons,and the HUGE stereo system,the wallet needs a break!lol

Truck is a 2005 Escalade awd EXT with the 6.0/4l65e.Current mods on the truck are LPP LT headers w/ ORY,JBA cat back,Shaner ported tb,160 stat,MSD wires,and road tuned.Runs pretty good for what it is....just like most of us though,I need more HP!!!

I already have several heavily modified turbo cars(Buick Grand Nationals) and a turbo truck(over 500rwhp stock turbo Dodge Cummins w/o nitrous) and a 2005 supercharged e55 AMG with a few mods.The Escalade will probably always stay NA as it is an Escalade and made to pimp,not race,LOL.Maybe a small hidden nitrous kit when the forged 408 goes in,maybe...

Anyone have any advice/suggestions on the planned mods?Or experience on installing HP parts on high mileage lq9's?Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice!

Drew
Old 09-10-2009, 01:11 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have modded a few f-body LS1s over 100k miles. Most people use Mobil 1 and as long as the oil has been changed regularly and nothing crazy has happened, there ususally isn't significant wear. Taking care of the trans like you mentioned is a must, that many miles and a heavy AWD truck will toast that thing in a heartbeat.

Are you doing a cam change as well? I would think doing that and installing a new/upgraded timing chain would make me a lot more comfortable. That and the head swap would cover most of the valvetrain components prone to wear. Good luck with the swap, looks like a fun project.