Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Build. Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've yet to post in a thread that you haven't come in right after me and been a smartass, when you really don't know half of the **** you post about. It's sad that people like you can get that I'm not impressed, all out of a suggestion...you know, since I've actually run an LSX, unlike you never being hand's-on with anything you suggest.? You bullshit worse than a teenage girl. If a mod sees this, please get rid of my account. I don't have time to deal with dumb ***** any more than necessary.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Man Motor club

Excuse me? I didn't throw my head up my *** at random, you did. I agreed with your suggestion and made my own; YOU posted a Homer and said NOT going LSX would be "typical".

Originally Posted by CC05
Uh, if this guy is working with $25K and doesn't get a LSX to throw boost at, he's...typical.

Last edited by rjwz28; 05-10-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Added quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CC05
I've yet to post in a thread that you haven't come in right after me and been a smartass, when you really don't know half of the **** you post about. It's sad that people like you can get that I'm not impressed, all out of a suggestion...you know, since I've actually run an LSX, unlike you never being hand's-on with anything you suggest.? You bullshit worse than a teenage girl. If a mod sees this, please get rid of my account. I don't have time to deal with dumb ***** any more than necessary.
Actually, I try to avoid threads you have posted in. Because I usually have a different opinion. And I know you'll have some fucked up, ******** response. As you have demonstrated here, before I even posted. I try to have consideration for the Op and don't want his thread turned to ****.

All I did was respond to the Op and to what I read off your post, angry man.

You got some kind of problem with me because I don't think a you need a lsx block to put down the Op's power goals. And I don't think a 4l80e belongs behind a cammed lm7. You're probably one of the biggest babies I've seen on a message board in a long time.

ASSume all you want about me. I got a damn thing to prove to some mouth piece I never met who lives in a place I have no desire to go. Please save the mod some work and delete your own account. While you're at it, pull that georgia jaw over your head and swallow.

See you're so busy you can post bullshit at 11 on a week night. lol

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Excuse me? I didn't throw my head up my *** at random, you did. I agreed with your suggestion and made my own; YOU posted a Homer and said NOT going LSX would be "typical".
Man, this guy had some "race" colorado that he let someone else blow up. Now he's an expert on any and everything lsx. I wouldn't be concerned with anything he has to say or has done.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Man Motor club

That truck in the video WAS pretty sweet. Nice run
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just trying to do something different than a 370 or a 408. Yes their common engines but I'm wanting to do something different

Is that guy from KBB still in here isn't his name kyle or something
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Its KBRacing, Kyle, and yes hes still here.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's his profile name. I want to get some prices from him
Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Man Motor club

OP, sorry we mucked up your thread there; I've been here quite a while and I've managed to avoid that kind of mess the entire time, so I'm really not quite sure what happened there.

The LSX 376 that he suggested really is a good idea; I wasn't trying to take anything away from that, just offer alternatives.

If you do some homework, you can also find boost-ready shortblocks and longblocks based on the LSX in 427ci, if that's different enough for you. Those engines are tough as nails and can take a ton of grunt; I've just never been a fan of the extra weight if you aren't using the block to its potential.

The company I mentioned above (ERL) has also been proven in several big-name cars with prominant engine builders like Urban and is very reliable, as well as lighter as the Superdeck I engines are based on aluminum blocks, if you're looking to be really different. They are available in a boost-ready shortblocks in 427ci as well, and can be had with provisions for six-bolt heads like the LSX block has.

That 390 above was also a nice piece, if you're just looking for a different displacement with a reliable build based on the relatively light (compared to the LSX, not the aluminum ERL) platform.

There are really a lot of options for what you are proposing, even if you are looking for a less common displacement than 370/408 or a less common base than the factory 6-liter iron block.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Man Motor club

Oh yeah here ya go:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...er.php?u=25675
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Man Motor club

kbracing96 is his user name just to put it out there for those who don't click the link

Quick Reply: Build. Help