Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine fit with a hammer and some heat. Minor modifications*
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
He still claims he makes these headers, so either he doesn't care that he makes a crappy product or he doesn't actually make them. Which one is it Jim?
I vote for option number 2
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Its unfortunate the unfair criticism from people as we feel we are the same quality level with any other manufacture / brand.

We've installed dozens of our 1-3/4" and 1-7/8" longtubes in our shop locally in our shop. Not one fitment issue in anyway on any "Factory non-modified vehicle". (Not lifted/lowered etc)

99-09 2WD applications are a perfect fit in our opinion. We've sold over a 100 sets with no complaints. Most any fitment issue we believe it likely due to installer error as you need to leave everything loose (header bolts, collectors, y-pipe etc and get y-pipe etc fitment exactly where you want it then tighten everything.

We do not sell a 4wd application header, they are not a direct fit as they were not designed for 4wd. If you choose to try and make them fit by denting the piping etc, it is at your own discretion. Please do not purchase our headers for a 4wd application expecting them to fit without being modified
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
Its unfortunate the unfair criticism from people as we feel we are the same quality level with any other manufacture / brand.

We've installed dozens of our 1-3/4" and 1-7/8" longtubes in our shop locally in our shop. Not one fitment issue in anyway on any "Factory non-modified vehicle". (Not lifted/lowered etc)

99-09 2WD applications are a perfect fit in our opinion. We've sold over a 100 sets with no complaints. Most any fitment issue we believe it likely due to installer error as you need to leave everything loose (header bolts, collectors, y-pipe etc and get y-pipe etc fitment exactly where you want it then tighten everything.

We do not sell a 4wd application header, they are not a direct fit as they were not designed for 4wd. If you choose to try and make them fit by denting the piping etc, it is at your own discretion. Please do not purchase our headers for a 4wd application expecting them to fit without being modified
Perhaps some pictures of your production facility will clear up the doubt?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
That's what you get for 350 bucks. I was possibly considering a set but not now after all the fittment issues I have read, even with 2wd apps
At first I thought it was 50/50 on ones that fit and didn't fit but it seems like more are showing up that didn't fit rather than ones that do. Why would someone sell a product that you have to bash with a hammer to make work, that's just bad business.
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
He still claims he makes these headers, so either he doesn't care that he makes a crappy product or he doesn't actually make them. Which one is it Jim?
spot on and good question
Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
By minor modification I assume bashing in a pipe so it wont touch the frame? So much for improved flow by adding long tube headers... just my .02
My thoughts also. There is a reason they are mandrel bent and designed the way they are. I am sure they still flow better than stock manifolds but I really have a hard time bashing something up to make it fit when the whole reason I would buy them is to improve performance.
Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance

How many threads are there out there about Kooks or ARH not fitting?
Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
Perhaps some pictures of your production facility will clear up the doubt?
+1
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

I think a few of you are going to have a negative opinion with no regard to:

1) If you purchase these for a 4x4 vehicle, you are not buying / installing them on what they are designed for, 2WD. Please do not buy them for a 4x4 then be upset they didn't fit without having to modify them.

2) We are a 7200 sq ft full install/chassis dyno/fabrication shop. We design and build prototypes of our products here in California. We have them manufactured here in CA, we test fit prototype samples of each before having production runs made 50-100 sets at a time.

2012 should be a great year as as we have another dozen new products in development right now that should be a great addition to the parts currently made.

1) Bolt off off road y-pipe (all stainless, direct fit for stock manifolds)
2) 3.5" Stainless catback to go with our larger 3.5" y-pipe for the 1-7/8" headers
3) Complete bolt on turbo kit complete with tuning, fuel system and other needed parts
4) A long line of LSx conversion / swap parts as we specialize in LS based conversions

This will be our last post in this thread.

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 03-08-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So if you do in fact design these headers, why would you exclude such a large part of the market by not making them fit 4wd applications? Doesn't make any business sense at all. Nevermind the fact that your headers look EXACTLY like the xs power headers, are sent with the same bolts, ubolts, wire for extending the O2 sensors, O2 sensor plug bolts, and gaskets. I believe most people just want the truth. I don't think anybody really gives a **** they're not made in the US(unfortunately).

You are not a sponsor of performancetrucks so be sure to uncheck your sig when posting over here.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How about some 1 7/8" headers made for 4x4 as about half of this forum have 4x4's. And they would even work on the 2wd = everyones happy.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know about you guys but I just love the "installer error" backtracking bs excuse.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Baltimore Whore

i try not to insult, but again, If you make these headers then the same guy who designed them works for another country also. They are virtually identical to another X brand header. sorry, I call it like i see it.

Quick Reply: Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS