Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
At first I thought it was 50/50 on ones that fit and didn't fit but it seems like more are showing up that didn't fit rather than ones that do. Why would someone sell a product that you have to bash with a hammer to make work, that's just bad business.

spot on and good question

My thoughts also. There is a reason they are mandrel bent and designed the way they are. I am sure they still flow better than stock manifolds but I really have a hard time bashing something up to make it fit when the whole reason I would buy them is to improve performance.

How many threads are there out there about Kooks or ARH not fitting?

+1
Actually i believe i have read a few about the steering shaft bolt.

So did Cal-Speed put his new headers on sale???
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

By no means am I trying to justify poorly fitting headers by design, especially calling something installer error, but I have seen a few where those who had minor issues with the steering shaft, have it happen due to deteriorated engine mounts. In some cases with larger tube headers, a small amount of sag is all it takes to cause issues. Hell, on mine where my Dynatech headers originally fit great, over the years I found that the driver’s side O2 sensor had just about come into contact with the front driveshaft from a bad engine mount.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats good info there 1bear thanks for sharing.

I call BS on bieng made here in the U.S. , prove us wrong, no body likes a liar.

BTW i jumped on the DNA/OBX band wagon last year, mine fit my 4x4 perfectly!,dropped right in, best experience ive ever had with headers , and are in great shape / like new over a year later.

Its too bad you didnt copy these ones then yours might fit the 4x4's also.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance

We do not sell a 4wd application header, they are not a direct fit as they were not designed for 4wd. If you choose to try and make them fit by denting the piping etc, it is at your own discretion. Please do not purchase our headers for a 4wd application expecting them to fit without being modified
I wish I had better info when purchasing my set! Thought I made a nice choice. Had to make a few dents with heat and a hammer! Plus remove crossmember and taylor it for clearance. Going to remove and send these back for a refund based on what Jim is saying now!