Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Calspeed LTs and ORY.. Which muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Calspeed LTs and ORY.. Which muffler?

like the title says, which muffler would make a good combo with the calspeed LTs and ORY? i want to quiet it down a little since i have stock manifolds and dumped race flowmaster
Old 12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudioPh1x
like the title says, which muffler would make a good combo with the calspeed LTs and ORY? i want to quiet it down a little since i have stock manifolds and dumped race flowmaster

Is this the muffler you currently have? If so, normally any longer type muffler should tone it down a little and you could even get rid of the dump as well.

Look for a longer magnaflow, Borla, spintech, etc, but realize that when you install the LT headers it will get louder VS your stock Manifolds. You might want to look into a long case muffler with the Headers.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah but its the race 50 so its a little longer than that. so one of the long magnaflows will work?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah but its the race 50 so its a little longer than that. so one of the long magnaflows will work?
Ah ok, I am familiar with that muffler. The loudness you are referring to with your current Flowmaster 50 race muffler is from drone + the turndown am I correct? Those flowmasters are known to drone quite a bit. I think by removing the flowmaster will solve a lot of your problems IMO and you might even want to get rid of the turndown and try exiting the exhaust out the side of the rear passenger tire.
Some of the magnaflows drone a little also with turndowns, but not all of them.

I would look into a quieter Street series Spintech muffler IMO. They have a chart on their website for you to look at.

Another option sometimes people buy a bullet muffler and welds that inline before their existing muffler to help quiet down the sound.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The spintech sportsman would be a good choice imo. There is videos on youtube of it.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks alot bud
Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks alot bud
No problem, which direction did you end up going with?

Btw the sportsman XL models are what I was referring to and would prob be better in your situation as they are more mellow than the regular 3000 sportsman. The 3000 sportsman is still a kinda aggressive muffler.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be running a Hooker Aerochamber that is pretty long, probably 22" with my cal speed. If I do not like it I will be running a Spin Tech
Old 12-30-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I'm going to be running a Hooker Aerochamber that is pretty long, probably 22" with my cal speed. If I do not like it I will be running a Spin Tech
I like the aerochamber mufflers as well, they are nice sounding.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this muffler forever, and tried to sell it, no luck. Then I bought headers so I needed a single inlet instead of dual, worked out perfect! With no cats I am hoping the longer case keeps the drone out!

Quick Reply: Calspeed LTs and ORY.. Which muffler?