Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Caltrac Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caltrac Bars

Looking for some info on caltrac bars. If anybody has pics, prices, etc... Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
12 Second Truck Club

here is a link to the website http://www.calvertracing.com/
Old 08-20-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3
Looking for some info on caltrac bars. If anybody has pics, prices, etc... Thanks
Hey I have caltracs on my truck and my 60 ft went from a 1.77 to a 1.95. Granted im spraying out of the whole now but still even without bottle im getting 1.85s. I have tried adjusting them any way you can and nothing seemed to help. I just ordered the KP 4-link and im doing coil overs on them like GMC SKI.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:24 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take some pics of mine for you tomorrow and post them up. They cost just less than $300.
I can tell the difference when I launch, instead of that feeling of the truck sitting down in the back, it feels like it's standing up kind of. I'm sure that it's just the fact that the truck doesn't sit down in the back anymore though.
I've taken it to the track, but wheelspin was so bad with my crappy GTII's that I couldn't tell the difference. Once I get my truck up and running ( ) I will let you know.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

I have them on my s-10 and like them. they eliminate all wheel hop and with the slicks just plant the rear tires
Old 08-20-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

everybody has had differant results but I can tell you on mine it got rid of any hopping and bouncing. My 60 fts arn't worth commenting on.

The hotchkis sway bar helped alot too.
The adjustable shocks are alot of fun. great mod.
Now all I need is about 100 rwhp to justify all of it.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

James, are those homemade Replicas of Caltracks. They are a different color than mine.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Creederado had his ceramic coated for the BLING BLING factor i think
Old 08-21-2004, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3

What problems are you having? Wheel hop? I was going to go the caltracs way but for a set of traction bars it seemed like a lot of money. So I try some different things. Frist clamping the overload spring up which helped a lot but the ride around town was pretty harsh. Then I just took a piece of 3/8x2 1/2 flat bar and u-bolted it to the front half of the spring. The ride got just a little harder but the wheel hop was mostly gone. I added some slicks to that and the truck sticks good now. I have a 4/6 drop so your results might be different but you might want to give it a try. It's a cheap try before spending the $320 for the Tracs. Here's a pic of a launch.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
Hey I have caltracs on my truck and my 60 ft went from a 1.77 to a 1.95. Granted im spraying out of the whole now but still even without bottle im getting 1.85s. I have tried adjusting them any way you can and nothing seemed to help. I just ordered the KP 4-link and im doing coil overs on them like GMC SKI.
That was what i wanted to do. The KP 4-link with coil overs. That looks real good, but GMC SKI never replied on how his truck rode on the street. Then I thought about the KP with air bags, but thats kind of $$$$ and don't know if traction would become a problem. So I was thinking, put my leaf spring back in and put hangers, c-notch, and caltracs. My main objective is to get a good comfortable ride on these crappy roads with good traction. I didn't really have trouble hooking at the track before I just had to practicly melt my ET streets. I pulled the vig. and am waiting for the tt3000 so just that will help the traction.
Thanks to everyone.

Quick Reply: Caltrac Bars