Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cam or LSA Supercharger for my 2008 6.2L

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Just curious how much $ do you think you have in your fuel system? Weighing many options. Thanks!
Only had to change up injectors, flex fuel pump is maxed out now. My tuner went into fuel Pump tables and modified them all, it's keeping up with it for now. Probally need to upgrade pump this year.
The following users liked this post:
ZO6Ted (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 05:33 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At least the good news there is the L92 already basically has the LS3 top end although I did think about sending out the stock LS3 heads from my SS and have them ported and such and use the on my truck but I'm not sure that will do enough on a big heavy truck to be worth it and then that is more money that could go towards a supercharger. Really my main hold back with the supercharger is fear for reliability and the cost. The LSA swaps do seem to be fairly reliable I just can't get my previous experience out of my head because it cost me a lot of money and I ended up selling the car over it (I also demoded that car and sold it 95% stock so it was reliable for the next owner).
Old 02-19-2020, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I bolted on my blower what 4 yrs ago? I haven't even changed the belt yet. I had a vacuum leak a couple years ago it was the actuator. Pooter found the problem and I ordered another. 30 min later problem solved.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:44 AM
Launching!

I contacted Matt Gower of GP Tuning since I got the cam for my SS from him and he also recommended his Stage 1 VVT cam and said it would probably get 35-40 hp/tq. That's far too much work for such a small power gain that won't be that noticeable on a big heavy truck. So I am leaning towards the LSA at this point. It costs more but it'll drive dang near like it does now and get more like 100hp hopefully. I will be doing more research but is there by chance a how-to thread that is current? I found a couple "articles" on Google but most of the referenced companies are gone. I've found mention of various different brackets and pulley setups. My plan was to put the SC on as is, I'm not trying to make this a race truck so I think a 6 rib setup will be fine. There are currently three different bracket setups on eBay.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 768 Likes on 565 Posts

6 rib will be fine unless you want to really push it. I think a basic LSA swap will meet all your goals for sure.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 91RS
I contacted Matt Gower of GP Tuning since I got the cam for my SS from him and he also recommended his Stage 1 VVT cam and said it would probably get 35-40 hp/tq. That's far too much work for such a small power gain that won't be that noticeable on a big heavy truck. So I am leaning towards the LSA at this point. It costs more but it'll drive dang near like it does now and get more like 100hp hopefully. I will be doing more research but is there by chance a how-to thread that is current? I found a couple "articles" on Google but most of the referenced companies are gone. I've found mention of various different brackets and pulley setups. My plan was to put the SC on as is, I'm not trying to make this a race truck so I think a 6 rib setup will be fine. There are currently three different bracket setups on eBay.
I would agree with you. The cam isn't going to be a huge increase of power. If you have your family in tow you aren't going to be hitting the RPMs where a bigger cam might come in. Especially without a converter. The Maggie should be an all in one kit with no hunting for parts. If you do LSA it is a bit cheaper but you will have to source parts and it will probably end up being 5K by the time you are done.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:39 AM
Launching!

I will likely be able to get the LSA done in the $2k-$3k range.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Right choice!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Not finding much recent info and so far haven’t found any good “how to” threads but maybe I just haven’t looked hard enough. It looks like LS Simple doesn’t make the brackets any more or at least they’re not on their site any more. The LSX Innovations and ICT Billet on eBay both look ok but the more expensive ICT Billet ones look like they wrap the crank a little more and use the LSA tensioner which is probably better but that kit definitely costs more. Any opinions on that?
Old 02-23-2020, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,068 Posts

I purchased the LSS 8 rib kit when I pieced my (now sold) kit together

I believe Dirty Dingo offers an alternator relocation that allows the LSA to fit. Kind of a budget kit, I recall it being like $280?

I got a lot of my OE swap parts (lower pulley, injectors, upper 2.38, fuel rail: etc) off the CTS-V forums.

Quick Reply: Cam or LSA Supercharger for my 2008 6.2L