Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cam swap and no oil pressure AFTER intial start-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Ill take a look at it tomorrow. The main deal is going to be the cam journals, if they look good I would be really tempted to swap pumps and try it, guess we will just have to see.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Are you serious?

You realize the bearing tolerance on the cam is all of about the size of a **** hair, if any dirt got knocked into the top of the heads it drains right onto the lifters which goes right onto the cam which coincendently just happens to be right by the cam journals. A little spec of dirt can get in between the journal and bearing which creates friction between the two surfaces causing them to gauld and spin the bearing out of it oil journal. Please dont post if you dont know what you are talking about. Dirt spins bearings period, why do you think it is so pertanent to change the oil after doing any work on the motor?
Yes, I think he was serious, and maybe, just maybe he has a point. It's not going to happen instantly.

You posted a thread asking for help, he offers help and you attack him. I thought you've been warned about this behavior already!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Flyer
Yes, I think he was serious, and maybe, just maybe he has a point. It's not going to happen instantly.

You posted a thread asking for help, he offers help and you attack him. I thought you've been warned about this behavior already!
What I have said is that it had oil pressure fine for atleast 45seconds of run time. Shut it off, started it back up for 20sih seconds gave it some gas and then it happened, thats plenty of run time for a cam to be gaulded. The reason I was an *** is because on multiple occasions when I post something he comes behind me and says something totally contrary to what Im saying and most of the time it is wrong.

Maybe it is the oil pump who knows, until I pull the cam I wont know what we are up against. Im also not in a very good mood since I have to bust *** to get this thing together before he has to go to school next week. If you dont like me posting that he is wrong(IMO) then ok, you are a mod and can edit it. If I have ruffled your feathers with my current(to some all the time) bad attitude, I am sorry.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by '89ChevyMadneSS
haha yeah, effing up someone elses truck (not that you did anything wrong) after all your bad luck should put you at the top of the bad luck list!
Couple of dabs of loc-tite and doing my own research and specing out my rotating assembly instead of relying on a stupid speed shop would have fixed my problems.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tear it down and let us know what happened.

Don't take your bad mood out on the boards, it's not our fault or problem. We're trying to help. If you don't want our help, then don't ask.