Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cant stand my Corsa and LT anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckshop
a 3" bullet in front of the corsa will get rid of 90% of the rasp and it will still be loud. the 22" magnaflow will sound good and also be quieter. i personally have the big magnaflow and love it. a buddy at work gave me crap about it being too quiet then he drove it and took it all back. it really wakes up past 3000 rpm. plus you can usually pick it up for 100 bucks on ebay. i paid $85 for mine from a pal at the muffler shop. you won't be disappointed unless you just really want and extremely loud exhaust.
The rasp isnt what is bothering me. Its just way to damn loud. How much quiter is the magnaflow. I just want to make sure that its going to tone this thing down.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear more of the headers than I do the exhaust note. Like truckstop said, if you want quiet....get the 22" 5x11 case big ol' monster magnaflow muffler. If you do not want to cut the corsa, and I highly recommend taking it off and selling it, have a exhaust shop cut the ball flange off your stock exhaust and weld 3" pipe to the 22" and run it however from there. I would say loudness 1-10, corsa setup being a 10, I would say 4 or 5.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:21 PM
11 Second Truck Club

here like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...spagenameZWD1V

I have this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...spagenameZWD1V

the more bend the muffler has, the deeper and less rasp you have.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

You could try the Corsa Touring muffler in place of the Sport muffler. The Sport one definitely has a lot more rasp to it, and the Touring one is much more tame althought it does still have rasp at WOT.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

if you decide to put the catback off, let me know
Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastrt
I hear more of the headers than I do the exhaust note. Like truckstop said, if you want quiet....get the 22" 5x11 case big ol' monster magnaflow muffler. If you do not want to cut the corsa, and I highly recommend taking it off and selling it, have a exhaust shop cut the ball flange off your stock exhaust and weld 3" pipe to the 22" and run it however from there. I would say loudness 1-10, corsa setup being a 10, I would say 4 or 5.
Well if i could cut the sound it makes now in half it would be great. Keep the post coming.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just went with a 4" magnalow muffler about 24"s long w/ 4" over the axle tailpipe.Pacesetter LT's and ory in a whippled 4.8 and I really like the sound.It is quiet when just cruising but wot loud.Most important to me it is not restrictive.The big case borla I had on there sounded good but was restrictive.I lost about a 1/2 psi. just by switching out the catback.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

today i just installed a set of pacesetter lts with the magnaflow hi-flow cats and hooked it to my bassani catback. when i first turned the truck on i did not notice a difference one bit. but w/ a quick jab of the throttle i got the sports car sond i was looking for. no rasp and its almost as quiet while cruising as it was w/ the stock manifolds, thats untill u get on it. than it screams. i do notice a lot more noice up front thru the fire wall but i guess thats typical w/ pacesetters.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gao8302
The rasp isnt what is bothering me. Its just way to damn loud. How much quiter is the magnaflow. I just want to make sure that its going to tone this thing down.
the best way i know to explain it is that my wife (who hates everything that i do to my truck) now approves of my exhaust!! i never hear a complaint anymore and it still sound awesome at wot.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would be open to just dumping it under the truck if it sounds good.

Sorry for the long post but i am just sick of the rasp and how loud it is.
Dumping it wouldn't be loud? George, in another post u said u didn't mind the rasp. How long have u been running w/o the cats? Cats do quiet. I've posted before that a Corsa rep said LTs, hiflo cats, & Corsa Sport will be too loud. That is why I kept Touring. I basically said to rep should I switch out to Sport.

Is there a good cat back that will be quiter out of the box with LT and ORY? I would much rather start over with something else rather that cut up the corsa.
See above reply. I think lack of cats has more to do than fault of system, but u do have Sport tho.

Originally Posted by fastrt
the more bend the muffler has, the deeper and less rasp you have.
I'd think if a long case length helps to quiet, a big case would too.

Originally Posted by jleonard711
You could try the Corsa Touring muffler in place of the Sport muffler. The Sport one definitely has a lot more rasp to it, and the Touring one is much more tame althought it does still have rasp at WOT.
+1 on the Touring. I love mine, it has more of a rumble than a snarl like Sport. My bro has Sport, but no headers nor ORY. I can hear the sound of each pretty easy, but again I have the hiflo cat setup. B&B was my other choice. Also, call Corsa...they have a new line called DB or Db. IIRC, they were going for a musclecar sound, same quality S/S...but u can get just a muffler. Maybe can swap out just muffler since Corsa won't just sell the Touring muff. Might be an option, or sell yours, as 1 poster already expressed interest.

Last edited by fastnblu; 06-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Cant stand my Corsa and LT anymore.