Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cant stand my Corsa and LT anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:18 AM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how bout putting a stock tbss muffler in place of your current corsa?? oh i have one btw we could work out a deal
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know how much the touring will quite it down. Im interested in doing that. I do have rasp but rite now im more conserned about how loud it is. I want it to have a deep sound not just all out load.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:28 AM
traveling mod

here's a vid of a tbss with headers and stock muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqLqBm5rtc
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gao8302
I would like to know how much the touring will quite it down. Im interested in doing that. I do have rasp but rite now im more conserned about how loud it is. I want it to have a deep sound not just all out load.
George, what I'm sayin is the only reason I talked to a rep from Corsa is he was @ at a show @ GM. I had yet to put on my Corsa & was asking if he'd trade my new Touring muff for a new Sport; he said stay w/ what I have. Cats help to quiet any exhaust ( think of them as expensive resonators). I prefer to have my cats but u stated u want to run your ORY. Correct?

Oh ya, u never said how long ago u took off cats. How long after that did it take to annoy you?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

lets me start with saying, i have been through a whole lot of exhaust and have had the same issues that yall are posting, too loud, too much rasp.... till I finally did what some other people have posted here....

I have Pacesetter/ORY, 3"pipe with the BIG CASE Magnaflow that everyone here is talking about, I believe its the 22" case muffler, it is a very big muffler, but it is very quiet compared to any other muffler plus is flows very good cause its still a straight thru design, ever since I have this setup, I am very happy with it cause yall wont believe how nice it is to have a quiet exhaust especially if you are on the road and you have ZERO drone.... but dont get me wrong I like loud too, thats why I added the electric cutout with it, so whenever I want loud I just open the cutout and let it rip, but for all the other occasions, it stays close while riding around the streets..... so yes, if you are looking for quiet, no drone, no rasp, this big case magnaflow is the way to go...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
George, what I'm sayin is the only reason I talked to a rep from Corsa is he was @ at a show @ GM. I had yet to put on my Corsa & was asking if he'd trade my new Touring muff for a new Sport; he said stay w/ what I have. Cats help to quiet any exhaust ( think of them as expensive resonators). I prefer to have my cats but u stated u want to run your ORY. Correct?

Oh ya, u never said how long ago u took off cats. How long after that did it take to annoy you?

I just got the 370 done when i went to LT and ORY. And it annoyed me rite away.

Also what is the easiest way to qu.ite it down now if i cut some pipe. You have to remember that this is a RCSB. I would like it to get rid of the rasp and quite it down alot.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I keep hearing so much about this muffler, do you have a sound clip. Thanks
Originally Posted by ap2002
lets me start with saying, i have been through a whole lot of exhaust and have had the same issues that yall are posting, too loud, too much rasp.... till I finally did what some other people have posted here....

I have Pacesetter/ORY, 3"pipe with the BIG CASE Magnaflow that everyone here is talking about, I believe its the 22" case muffler, it is a very big muffler, but it is very quiet compared to any other muffler plus is flows very good cause its still a straight thru design, ever since I have this setup, I am very happy with it cause yall wont believe how nice it is to have a quiet exhaust especially if you are on the road and you have ZERO drone.... but dont get me wrong I like loud too, thats why I added the electric cutout with it, so whenever I want loud I just open the cutout and let it rip, but for all the other occasions, it stays close while riding around the streets..... so yes, if you are looking for quiet, no drone, no rasp, this big case magnaflow is the way to go...
Old 06-08-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gao8302
Also what is the easiest way to quiet it down now if i cut some pipe. You have to remember that this is a RCSB. I would like it to get rid of the rasp and quite it down alot.
I do remember u r RCSB, as am I. If u don't want to cut your stock pipe( before muff), I have another idea. Plus, if u plan to sell your Corsa system, u want it all intact: or buyer does. Pull out Corsa piping betw. ORY & muff. Go to a shop & get some different intermediate pipe. That way u could do whatever to it. Add in a small resonator, add a cutout for play, or both. You don't affet your stock Corsa intermediate that way.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have room before the muffler for anything because it is 4wd.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andrew383
how bout putting a stock tbss muffler in place of your current corsa?? oh i have one btw we could work out a deal
stock tbss is almost as loud as the corsa. that is what i took off to install the magnaflow. the corsa and tbss sound great on a stock 5.3. mine got obnoxious after the cam and head swap and it is just as bad on a 6.0. the magnaflow was just right.

Quick Reply: Cant stand my Corsa and LT anymore.