Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Capacities and Specifications from Amsoil

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Capacities and Specifications from Amsoil

Hi All,
I was searching for some information on Amsoil to use in my truck when I came across this link to their

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Product Application Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at http://www.amsoil.com/products.htm . Just click on the link and search for your vehicle.

You will find all sorts of usefull information on your truck. It really is very detailed and includes information about the products to use in your truck including some helpfull notes, capacities for your truck, some torque settings and a service interval chart. Even the number of zerks (grease nipples) is included. To my surprise I found out for instance that they do not recommend a Differential Fluid for my rear diff. I see alot of people using Mobil 1 and others in their G80 lockers and maybe that is not recommended?????? Amsoil's gear oil is only recommended for GM 12346190 specification which applies to some manual transmissions and Front Axle to GL2 - GL5,MT-1. I guess the Rear Axle SAE 75W-90 is specification GM 12378261 or GLS. I guess that I will stick with GM rear diff fluid unless anyone can tell me if the Amsoil product would be safe to use.

I can get Mobil 1 here except for gear oil. I found their web site less useful and no direct links to Canadian suppliers so I decided to use Amsoil even though it is more expensive and generally a little harder to find. I think that I can order what I need on line if I wish to. Just not sure on shipping costs yet.
All the best

Jim