Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Carnage [Pics]

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Carnage [Pics]

First off, we always see those crazy builds that makes us uhm... yes, we are all here to learn no hard feelings what so ever. Lets share our stories and what really went wrong, post pictures if you feel so. Bacon deep fried crankcase with sour cream topping, you name it. Post them up!

Keep it simple guys.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxxer
First off, we always see those crazy builds that makes us uhm... yes, we are all here to learn no hard feelings what so ever. Lets share our stories and what really went wrong, post pictures if you feel so. Bacon deep fried crankcase with sour cream topping, you name it. Post them up!

Keep it simple guys.
Luckily, this didn't cause damage due to my mild cam... When I did my first cam swap. I lined up the dowel pin on the cam to TDC on the crank. Came out to be about 90* advanced (I had no idea the timing mark was on the actual cam gear)... Went to turn it over and blew fire out of the intake.

List of things I know grew that day.

As far as saving some face. I knew what the problem was as soon as I tried to turn it over, went over and looked at my old cam gear, and literally said out loud in my empty shop. "I'm an idiot"
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Luckily, this didn't cause damage due to my mild cam... When I did my first cam swap. I lined up the dowel pin on the cam to TDC on the crank. Came out to be about 90* advanced (I had no idea the timing mark was on the actual cam gear)... Went to turn it over and blew fire out of the intake.

List of things I know grew that day.

As far as saving some face. I knew what the problem was as soon as I tried to turn it over, went over and looked at my old cam gear, and literally said out loud in my empty shop. "I'm an idiot"
Funny stuff
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

extended my battery cables, and did a few other things was driving to work 530am, truck just quits, i dont have time to jack with it, call the wife, get the other truck go to work. while at work window gets busted out, nitrous bottles stolen, radio stolen, cai stolen.....all because the hot cable wasnt secured properly and wiggled loose......
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by BOTLFED_AWD
extended my battery cables, and did a few other things was driving to work 530am, truck just quits, i dont have time to jack with it, call the wife, get the other truck go to work. while at work window gets busted out, nitrous bottles stolen, radio stolen, cai stolen.....all because the hot cable wasnt secured properly and wiggled loose......
Oh man, that is awful! I feel your pain though, I have had a few of cars broken into in the past, costing me alot of $$...