Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cat-back system recommendation. 2004 Silverado VHO.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good! Nice lookin truck! I Like...SilverBirch?. (my favorite).
Hope I didn't confuse you with too much information, but i've been researhing this for a while now.
I started off down the same road as you, mine was bone stock in 2009 with 9K on the clock. First came a CAI and Magnaflow true duals, (like i described above), and Nelson tune.
Too loud, but I should've stopped there!

Next came long tube headers, cam, springs, push rods, Yank TT2600 stall, and a re-tune,(way too loud!!!).

The bug had me at that point, so next was a TVS1900 and 4l80e w/Yank SC2800 stall, and meth, 90mm TB, etc, and a re=retune, (louder than a by-god, and bad drone). Added a dual-in/dual-out magnaflow ahead of the two I allready had, and still too loud, but killed most of the drone, (along with a lot of the powa). I got pissed about then and jerked it all out and went back to stock SS set-up, right down to the stainless tip.

That's kinda where I'm at right now, QUIETER, but it's frustrating when you can blow your exhaust apart just by going WOT! No kiddin', it happened to me again today helping my son move. I've been kind of scared of trying the 2505 flo-pro though, because I've heard that a chambered muffler doest play well with FI. If you go with it, lmk how it works out!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Yes sir. Silver Birch Metallic. Thanks!

I hear you on falling down the rabbit hole. Have done it several times with 4th gen Camaros. I'll do my best not to let it happen with the truck. I needed a tow vehicle and just wanted a truck in general, so I can't have it become unreliable. I can't really spend much money on mods because I'm trying to keep a couple Camaros going down the track.

I didn't set out to buy a VHO. It just popped up by chance and I suspected it was a rare truck so I jumped on it. Like most VHO fans, I like that it's the sleeper version of the Silverado SS. While it's a "sporty" truck, I'll try hard to resist upping the ante very much.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

That a clean truck. You do bolt on's and a tune and call it a day.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Hey TWS, I just thought I'd tell you that I pulled the trigger and put a flo-pro #2504 on my truck last weekend. I had my muffler guy breed the dual 2 1/2" outlets in to the existing tailpipe. It has a great tone at idle IMO. It's got just a hint of drone at about 55 to 60mph, but quites down at 60-plus. So far I'm really pleased with it!