Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cat Delete Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed01rcr
As a matter of fact, I have just got one delivered. It has all 4 bungs, and is not flattened. The only thing is that the loose flange is backwards and can't be flipped on this one. Someone would have to cut and re-weld the pipe...DOH
May fix it, may return it, don't know yet.
Can you post a picture of it?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zick
Can you post a picture of it?

yez, I'll get it this afternoon...Too drunk to feel like it now

mark
Old 12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yez, I'll get it this afternoon...Too drunk to feel like it now

mark
Great, I'm looking forward to see the pic as well. I just ordered a TB converter and will have the Y-pipe off anyway. That makes a great excuse to buy one now
Old 12-16-2005, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
Great, I'm looking forward to see the pic as well. I just ordered a TB converter and will have the Y-pipe off anyway. That makes a great excuse to buy one now
Here, you can see how the dough-nut gasket movable flange has the bevel on the wrong side. Its gotta be flipped around....I can't upload the pic of the whole thing because its too large and the forum wont hold it. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll be happy to forward the rest.

Mark

Crap
Attached Thumbnails Cat Delete Y pipe-dscf0496.jpg   Cat Delete Y pipe-dscf0497.jpg   Cat Delete Y pipe-dscf0498.jpg  
Old 12-16-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is that the one form jegs or form chevy . this would be awesome . i could throw this on and if i ever have a major warrenty problem that would void because of no cats i can put my stock y pipe back on like nothing .
Old 12-16-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Here, you can see how the dough-nut gasket movable flange has the bevel on the wrong side. Its gotta be flipped around....I can't upload the pic of the whole thing because its too large and the forum wont hold it. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll be happy to forward the rest.

Mark

Crap
Actually I was hoping you could take a picture of the whole Y pipe not just the messed up flange.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zick
Actually I was hoping you could take a picture of the whole Y pipe not just the messed up flange.

Mark

Crap
Old 12-16-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Here are the pic speed01rcr sent me of the y pipe

Old 12-16-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
is that the one form jegs or form chevy . this would be awesome . i could throw this on and if i ever have a major warrenty problem that would void because of no cats i can put my stock y pipe back on like nothing .
It's the one from Jegs.

Mine is out of warranty but that was basically my thought too. If I ever get rid of it or Kentucky starts inspecting emissions, I have a stock one that I can bolt on in very little time.

I had also thought about having a cut-out installed in it. I like the sound of my cat back for everyday street driving but it was bent by a shop that did a less than perfect job of bending it. With a cut out, that wouldn't matter. I would have a reasonably quiet exhaust, unless I was at a racetrack (or a show, and just wanted to make noise) .

Is there any chance of needing more back pressure at a drag strip? I understand that it will hurt bottom end torque but I have a TB converter on it's way to me, so it's not like it's going to have to leave at 1600rpm. Any opinions on this?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Teching In

dick gumbert newb first post ;the y pipe in the picture is it g.m.part or jegs and will it fit a 04. 04 rclb 5.3 work truck air cond delete 4.10 g.80 a.f.e system 160 therm. modt.b.spacer 3"catback ex,.underdrive pulley 1.99 60' 14.24 1/4 95.60 m.p.h.. oh 2 w.d.

Quick Reply: Cat Delete Y pipe