Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Catless Y pipe for our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catless Y pipe for our trucks?

I know I have asked this before but got little to no response.
So does anyony know where to get one, or who makes a catless Y pipe for our trucks?
I really would like to get one so I can keep my stocker just in case.
I also have had no luck getting someone to cut mine off and replce them with a section of straight tube.

I absolutely do not want to buy a high flow system WITH cats. Too much money and it defeats the purpose as well.

I have seen them for pre 98 year trucks so why not one for ours?
Please let me know if you have seen one.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:58 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some-one in here was going to build some for us, but don't know who.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
some-one in here was going to build some for us, but don't know who.
I have talked to him a few times about it. Just wondering if there was one avaliable already made.
I am going to make the ends that we would need to attach to the stock exhaust manifolds if we get that far.

Start2Fabrication is his name here.

I don't care if its not stainless, you could just get it coated to prevent corrosion.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pacesetter's y pipe is off road
Old 08-30-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try Edelbrock, they make one that bolts right up to their shorty headers so it should bolt directly up to manifolds too. I can try to get you a part # later if you can't find it.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

This looks good but it does not have the ends needed to mount to your stock exhaust manifolds.

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/quiktrip.htm
Old 08-30-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ends of the Pacesetter y-pipe are much lower than the stock y-pipe as well because it is made for the long tubes. I checked up on the Edelbrock and they only have them for older Chevys.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nightmarechevy
The ends of the Pacesetter y-pipe are much lower than the stock y-pipe as well because it is made for the long tubes. I checked up on the Edelbrock and they only have them for older Chevys.
Total bummer.
There is so much out there for f bodies and vettes its sick, but nothing for us?!?!? Man these aftermarket guys are missing the boat.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=TG02Z71]I also have had no luck getting someone to cut mine off and replce them with a section of straight tube. [QUOTE]
If you cant weld or know ANYONE who can go to a local hardware store (mom and pop stores are the best) and see if they know anyone who does welding on the side that they recomend for small job. Then go to auto zone and get 2 of the straight 2½ straight pipes there about 14" long (you gotta cut them down and one side has to be butt welded but they are really good for the job and only cost about $10 for 2) just make sure when he cuts and welds everything that nothing moves so it will still bolt up
Old 08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE=SBChevrolet][QUOTE=TG02Z71]I also have had no luck getting someone to cut mine off and replce them with a section of straight tube.
If you cant weld or know ANYONE who can go to a local hardware store (mom and pop stores are the best) and see if they know anyone who does welding on the side that they recomend for small job. Then go to auto zone and get 2 of the straight 2½ straight pipes there about 14" long (you gotta cut them down and one side has to be butt welded but they are really good for the job and only cost about $10 for 2) just make sure when he cuts and welds everything that nothing moves so it will still bolt up
I already have two sections of stainless straight pipe and just cant seem to get anyone who is willing to do it for me. They are all afraid of liability and all that crap. To the last guy I said DUDE, I'll chop em' off in your lot if you really don't want to cut them off, and you can just weld in the pipe for me. I still got the weird "still don't want to do it" look. I need to start asking around my town, I really don't know anyone in the area personally, I just moved here not too long ago.

Quick Reply: Catless Y pipe for our trucks?