Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Changing idle w/ Predator

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing idle w/ Predator

Can you change the idle yourself, can you download it, or do you have to send it in? Can you monitor transmission temps while driving? Does it log, or just give current info? What does it cost to send it in for a custom tune? What is the square root of 84,000? Ok, I think thats it..

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Changing idle w/ Predator

yes you can change the idle with the predator. No you do no have to send it in. I dont know about the tranny temps but look on their web site its all listed. I think the tune couldnt be more than 100 or so bucks. O an square root of 84,000 is 7,056,000,000
Old 06-11-2003, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

you have to download the file or send it in
Old 06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I have to email diablosport and request them to send me a download, then I have to go buy equipment to plug the programmer into my computer, then I can change my idle? Does it cost anything?
Thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, new program is installed. BIG difference! Hypertech was nothing compared to this. I am now offically feeling TM. Now to figure out how to delete some of it.
Something wierd though, after about 5 minutes of driving, the ABS and Parking Brake light came on, and stayed on. When you turn the truck off, and restart it, the lights are gone, but come back again after 5 minutes of driving. Anybody know whats up? Anyone compiled a list of settings??
Old 06-11-2003, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Ok, new program is installed. BIG difference! Hypertech was nothing compared to this. I am now offically feeling TM. Now to figure out how to delete some of it.
Something wierd though, after about 5 minutes of driving, the ABS and Parking Brake light came on, and stayed on. When you turn the truck off, and restart it, the lights are gone, but come back again after 5 minutes of driving. Anybody know whats up? Anyone compiled a list of settings??

I thought with the preadator it eliminates most of the Torque Management. So how are you now feeling it more?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure you have to manually take out TM, its not part of the custom tune. (not positive, but I can't seem to find it)
The programmer is a night and day difference from the hypertech. Inital impressions are it makes more power, at least in the butt meter. My shift were firm before, now they're a lot firmer, but it feels like it does not launch forward on the shift like it did before. Thats why I think its suffering from TM more.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is 84,000 squared. Not the square root...
Old 06-12-2003, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Big j, uh the predator got rid of TM with the basic tune there brother. You just need to probably set your shift times to -25 and bump up the shift pressure a little bit. Then strap on a neck brace! BTW I set my timing up an additional 2% and leaned the fuel 1%. With that it's next to impossible to take off normal without spinning the tires, especially turning.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The predator modifys TM input, try your truck in tow/haul mode if you havn't already. After I installed I didn't think it did much to T/H mode so I didn't use it till one day I said why not and DAMN, chirped the tire through 1-2 on the gas and hit red line almost how a WRX does (well the old WRX atleast
As for the brake light comming on, i don't think its your park brake, its your brake warning indicator that is also used for the park brake too, I would first check brake fluid level. did you have any problems installing the program? did you closely follow the directions by not producing voltage spikes?
The idle modifying is only capable on 2003 without having a tune sent from diablo.
I don't think transmission temp is in the data list, correct me if i'm wrong. But most other inputs are nothing to a professional level though. (ie doesn't have EVAP vapor pressure etc)

Quick Reply: Changing idle w/ Predator