Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Check Engine code reads misfire in cylinder #7

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to have a fuel injection place give them a good sonic cleansing/bath. If you're in SoCal I know a place in Corona.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

the one time I had idle problems, some cheap gas treatment **** actually worked in cleaning my dirty injector.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

I jus put some mag 1 injector cleaner in it yesterday light still on. It doesn't idle rough or make any noticeable missing sounds jus the damn check engine light lol
Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CODE4LS1
You will need to have a fuel injection place give them a good sonic cleansing/bath. If you're in SoCal I know a place in Corona.
thanks but im in louisiana. i just swapped the coil pack from cylinder 7(the misfiring cylinder) to number 1 and vice versa. I'm gonna bring it back to get the code read again and hopefully this time is moves the code to cylinder #1 so I'll know its the coil pack but if not the injectors are next
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

You could pull the fuel rail and swap #7 injector to another position(#1). You'll know if the code changes to P0301. Lindner specializes in injectors.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have trash in the injector, sometimes you can pull it and look in with a flashlight. If there is trash you in the screen try spraying it out with some carb cleaner. Use the straw and blast that crap out. Doesen't always work but it might be worth a try. Follow that with some seafoam or lucas fuel treatment in the tank.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

You can also try Run Rite. They specialize in a full line of injector cleaning products.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

so i pulled the fuel rail off today on the side with the misfire and emptied its contents into a clear container and there is definately some trash in there. there was alot of small black particles in the fuel rail im assuming this is most likely my problem. would i just need to go ahead and replace the #7 cylinder injector or should i just clean it and install again to see if code continues? also whats the best approach to cleaning these things? should i leave them on the fuel rail or remove? thanks!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

I'd swap #7 with #1 to see if the DTC changes from P0307 to P0301. That will confirm that the injector is bad. Replace the "O" rings while you have it apart(2 per injector). $10 for 8 "O" rings. Put some mineral oil on the "O" rings before you pop the injectors back into the fuel rail and seat them into the manifold. Also put a little oil on the manifold and fuel rail before you install the injectors. You want these things to pop into place. Make sure they're good and slippery.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
I'd swap #7 with #1 to see if the DTC changes from P0307 to P0301. That will confirm that the injector is bad. Replace the "O" rings while you have it apart(2 per injector). $10 for 8 "O" rings. Put some mineral oil on the "O" rings before you pop the injectors back into the fuel rail and seat them into the manifold. Also put a little oil on the manifold and fuel rail before you install the injectors. You want these things to pop into place. Make sure they're good and slippery.
ok next question. there is a metal clip on the injectors that seems to be connecting the injectors to the fuel rails. once this clip is removed do i simply pull the injector off of the fuel rail or does it need to be twisted or anything of that nature? sorry for all the questions I like to be sure before i jump into things that i haven't done before. I know with things such as these sometimes little mistakes can cost big money!

Quick Reply: Check Engine code reads misfire in cylinder #7