Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Check this out......

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check this out......

Maybe old news for some since it has been posted since October but I havn't seen it here. Knowing the way GM is with there concepts they will probably never make it but it is cool.

Chevy Colorado SS
Old 12-14-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ha! that one will never make it...not in that form anyway. the national safety admin will see to that, if they dont gm will make it so limited that you will never see one on the road, it will have lots of problems,etc. the only concept with power that has ever made it was the new gto's and thats cuz old farts run gm and they wanted it to remind them of their "younger days". no one had a muscle truck in their younger days. all gm makes is what "they" want to make. they never make what the public actually wants. not to mention they will tick off all the fullsize guys since im sure gm has no plans of making a truck that competes with dodge or ford's performance trucks. sorry guys but i've been a subscriber to gm hitech for years and this is all gm does. they tell everyone their gonna make it, then they dont make it, then they tell everyone they didnt make it cuz the public wanted something else, then i read several pages of other subscribers saying that gm is full of it and that the concept vehicle is what they want and not what gm is saying that they want. then gm states that the age group they are shooting for is an older generation... whaaaaaaaaaaat? every other car company makes cars for all generations. guess thats too difficult a concept. and dont even get me started on the killing off of the camaro(fbody) "its just not selling enough units" so instead of changing the body style and keeping it going they change the body style and call it a gto <is there a limit to how many of these i can use? if they do come out with this then they better be prepared to hook up the full size guys too. "and thats all i have to say about that"
Old 12-14-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=ohohsilverado]ha! that one will never make it...not in that form anyway. the national safety admin will see to that, if they dont gm will make it so limited that you will never see one on the road, it will have lots of problems,etc. the only concept with power that has ever made it was the new gto's and thats cuz old farts run gm and they wanted it to remind them of their "younger days". no one had a muscle truck in their younger days. all gm makes is what "they" want to make. they never make what the public actually wants. not to mention they w.

That is the funniest thing Ive heard about the farts lol. But it is very true. I have no idea why they brought back the GTO, I mean its ok to bring it back, but lets face it it looks like a sedan. Truly the Bonniveil (however you spell it) and the GTP look tuffer than that thing. Thats my opinion. GM's powertrain has the ability to blow the competition away but they never do!!!!!!!! And when they do they put it in a Sedan. . Well maybe I should not complain they did put the 390 6.0 in the SSR for 2005.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's a "4L70-E"?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I never heard of that transmission, but looks like its standard. Obviously!! I found some other links to this as well.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/auto...oss/page1.html

http://motortrend.com/autoshows/cove...ma/index2.html

What do you guys think about the cobalt SS??? Gosh. I swear maybe we need to use reverse psychology and tell them that the public wants a Cobalt SS, and then they might actually add some horspower to SS pickup (not tryin to offend the SS owners.)
Old 12-14-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

It has no chance but maybe Chevy will surprise us all who knows. They will not roll it like it looks in those pics i guarantee that.