Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

check out these front diferential tq numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure man, droping the front is not new news to me. i figured that out on my last truck. my truck is droped about 1.5" in the front and 3" in the rear right now. i get very little wheel hop but i do spin all 4 tires when i turn up the power.

i am thinking about droping the truck a little more and puting some kind of bump stop limiter on the front so that it can only lift to the point where the cv's are prety much flat. i think that would be their strongest angle.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take the bolts ALL THE WAY DOWN. A few guys take them out and then set them in to keep the block aligned.....that way worries me a bit. I started out turning them down a few turns and it helped....one night I just kept on going....

I guess the length and weight of my truck helps some.....and the fact that I am afraid of leaving a mess at the starting line....I just don't over do it.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parish8
i can't find any posi for the front but that AAM site almost looks like one might be avaliable.
It sucks, because they make a locker for the S-10's and the HD's, but they skip the 1500s They were supposed to have an E-Locker for the 8.25" diff, but I guess they scrapped that idea
Old 08-23-2004, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

times i tried a 100shot i got a lot of wheel spin.

i can't find any posi for the front but that AAM site almost looks like one might be avaliable.

Uh-oh, looks like it might be time to run on 4 slicks
Old 08-23-2004, 05:45 AM
TECH Junkie

sure man, droping the front is not new news to me. i figured that out on my last truck. my truck is droped about 1.5" in the front and 3" in the rear right now. i get very little wheel hop but i do spin all 4 tires when i turn up the power.

i am thinking about droping the truck a little more and puting some kind of bump stop limiter on the front so that it can only lift to the point where the cv's are prety much flat. i think that would be their strongest angle.
ARB has air lockers for the front. Also there are cheap Lock Right lockers for the front. Check out 4-Wheel parts and Off-Road.com for them.

A good locker up front should also help with the torque steer also.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

AAM is who supplies GM for driveline parts such as axle housings, gears, etc. I may be mistaken on this, but I think they are part woned by GM or driven solely by GM.

I know for a fact they supply front and rear axles for the Colorado/Canyon.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

If your looking for a locker I wouldn't go with ARB...nothing against them they make a good locker it's just you have to buy the locker AND the air compressor and wiring. IMO it would be much easier to go with a detroit locker, specifically the true trac locker...it has no effects on steering so for the front it would be good. The best price I have found is at www.4wheelparts.com , or you can just follow this link to the true trac locker:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/produ...TL&expand=sub4

Don't take my word for it, and do your own research...but IMO the detroit lockers are one of the best...and their fully mechanical, no wiring or switches just put it in and go. Good luck, now get some tires...we want to see 9's next time.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

I've been emailing the guys at Eaton about a release date for the 8.25" E-locker for almost a year now, and here's a quote from Jeff Phillips's last response to me,
"I hope to have this product available late this year or early next year. never as fast as I would like."

That was on March 8th . . . Hopefully the E-locker for the 1500's will be available before too much longer.

Kipp
Old 08-23-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I confirmed it today, I looked at a container of front diff's and American Axle & Manu. was on the label.

I guess that tells us that AAM is OEM quality parts.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:11 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have looked everywhere and i dont see a 8.25" locker of any kind for the front.

Quick Reply: check out these front diferential tq numbers